Australia fines Twitter over failure to co-operate with Child Sexual Abuse Material probe

Originally published at: Australia fines Twitter over failure to co-operate with Child Sexual Abuse Material probe | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Who’s the “pedo guy” now?

15 Likes

The good news for Twitter is that the fine is $386,000 and pocket change to its billionaire owners.

Anyone want to take bets on whether the Australian government is ever able to actually collect the fine?

13 Likes

See, the problem with calling it “X” is that the letter x doesn’t have four crooked legs.

10 Likes

Agree about twitter, not sure why anyone humors the rich idiot with bad ideas, it might encourage him.

3 Likes

A right-wing asshole who claims their focus is child sexual abuse but actually spends all their time spreading anti-Democratic conspiracies and sabotaging and defunding the agencies who are actually tasked with the job? Sounds like he should have just called it Qwitter.

10 Likes

It’s funny, my kids ask why I still call it Twitter and I just tell them there’s no way in Hell I’m EVER going to call it “X”. Plus, I still go to Twitter dot com to use it.
Also, X was the name of his first company. What happened? Did he run out of name ideas after naming, what, four other companies?

6 Likes

Everyone should be referring to it as “eXtwitter

4 Likes

I’m partial to “the dead bird site” myself.

9 Likes

the ongoing clincher is that it’ll be Twitter again when he sells it it is dead and buried and only written about by historians.

7 Likes

The Pedo Platform?

3 Likes

Musk was not a founder of Tesla and didn’t name it, Hyperloop isn’t even a company and SpaceX contains the magic letter X. That just leaves Neuralink and the Boring Company as X-less Musk companies.

5 Likes

If I may make a suggestion…

4 Likes

Does that company have any assets in Australia? Send the authorities in with moving vans and go on a seizing spree, like the person who foreclosed on a Bank of America branch. Might I suggest that the first things taken be any servers?

5 Likes

an anecdote:

reddit thread: actual csam now being posted by bots

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.