Australia names "Democracy Sausage" as the 2016 Word (sic) of the Year

That’s what I said… it’s @tigkiwi saying it isn’t… also that is a sin. It is forgivable on a hotdog proper if accompanied by mustard.
These things are important! (or something)

2 Likes

It’s red sauce. Just ask the people outside Bunnings.

5 Likes

You only get that when the electoral collage throws anti-democracy oranges at those who voted

I get it now!

1 Like

We are a simple people, and after a hard day working on a construction site in our blue singlets, we say goodbye to our mates, and head home to our shielas to drink Fosters Lager, the most popular beer in Australia with a great taste that is uniformly loved here. If you are ever over here, make sure you always order Fosters lager, no matter where you go, and tell every one around what a great beer it is, it offers great offence if you forget to do this.

We all enjoy a thin, fatty beef sausage, way overcooked, served with some burnt onions on a piece of plain white bread with a shit-ton of tomato sauce squeezed over the top. BBQ sauce if you enjoy exotic food.

13 Likes

9 Likes

'Struth, Mate!. :wink:

2 Likes

Bloody oath.

2 Likes

What is this foreign “ketchup” muck of which you speak?

8 Likes

There are a lot of donkey votes as well where people enter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and so on. Position on the voting slip is selected randomly so it adds a random factor to every election.

2 Likes

Obligatory… straya!

4 Likes

Are those from the B5 Zócalo?

1 Like

I’ve never understood while Fosters has been successfully marketed outside Australia while Victoria Bitter hasn’t. (Well I guess I do understand, it’s because VB tastes like drain cleaner until you get used to it. But you will get used to it, and you will like it.)

3 Likes

As it turns out, they’re from a street festival a block over from me, nowhere near as exotic as B5. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

FTFY  

1 Like

Electoral collage = gerrymandering?

1 Like

I asked because I saw:

2 Likes

I misread that at first as Jim’s Sausages.

2 Likes

I swear, that bucket-hatted beardy bugger’s got a franchise for everything these days.

3 Likes

Ok, let me put this in context.

• You’ve endured months of sad political campaigning.
  • You’ve gotten up on a Saturday.
  • You’ve had how-to-vote cards shoved at you by the Left, Right, Nominally-green-progressive, Sex, and Nationalism/racism parties.
  • You’ve numbered some boxes.
  • Congratulations, have a democracy sausage.
4 Likes