mine’s one of those “we’re number one” souvenir foam finger things usually made for sports teams, except for the city of Atlanta, not a sports franchise. It’s shaped for the “A” hand-sign, most notably disseminated to the world by Usher at the beginning of his monster hit “Yeah,” (a kind of annoying song but whatevs.) “Peace up, A-town down” i.e. the peace sign, if you point it down and use your thumb for a cross-piece, makes an A-for-Atlanta sign.

So somebody here locally makes foam finger things like that and I found a pic of one and edited it to best stand out as a tiny logo. It’s still a little small, it’s easier to see when you expand my inline “user card” thing, though.

Also, I firmly agree with @Kimmo, when y’all change your avs I really don’t know who I’m talking with anymore. But I’m not against fun or personal expression, i don’t think limiting a user to a permanent av is a good idea, either. @sam, @codinghorror, can y’all make a thing on people’s profiles that has a little thumbnail gallery of all the users’ past avatars, please? (in the case of what M_M is doing ITT, you could limit the gallery to avatars that lasted more than a couple days at a stretch to prevent flooding.) Is that a realistic request? If I could access it from the user card–maybe like a little scrolling list?–it would eliminate a lot of confusion for me.

5 Likes