Heh. Yeah, that was quick.

Those are my kids, on the beach in Fort Bragg, CA. Chasing their graddad’s drone.

10 Likes

6 Likes

That’s me when a new account shows up.

7 Likes

Avatar suggestions are an intimate affair. I regret to say that I don’t know enough about you to begin to help.

You did have the white one, right, that looked like a blank when showing up in a like list? I found that a clever bit of hack.

8 Likes

That one confused me for the longest time. Now I kind of miss it. :laughing:

6 Likes

I liked the transparent icon, mostly because of the whut? effect

8 Likes

Me too; damn “PTSD.”

3 Likes

Yeah, that was a good one. Hadn’t seen one like it before.

4 Likes

It’s funny how quickly your brain starts to associate “missing data” with a specific individual…

9 Likes

Fair call.

It it helps, I’m not attached to any particular one and don’t really see them as all that representative of the self. Or better, it’s difficult to decide what one static image is suitable, so suggestions may just spark an idea, an inspiration or an adaptation.

Story of my life, lol.

3 Likes

???

11 Likes

Oh. that’s good.

On that theme, a more lighthearted suggestion.

4 Likes

Related: the old logo for Miller-Meteor. They made beautiful ambulances and hearses out of Cadillacs.

14 Likes

That shrinks down quite nicely.

Gets a touch lost, but it’s not a bad idea. I’ll have a better look[quote=“Donald_Petersen, post:33, topic:81799”]
Miller-Meteor.
[/quote]

Awww man, those are lovely.

5 Likes

That’s what happens if you eat the blue ones.

4 Likes

Speaking of which, you’re long overdue for an avatar upgrade. If nothing else, the default has given you the world’s worst background color. I’ve changed diapers containing that hue.

12 Likes

11 Likes

That’s a Miller-Meteor right there, I do believe.

With a couple… er, aftermarket enhancements.

ETA: maybe eight years ago or so, I saw one of the Ecto-1 Caddies being driven (not towed or trailered, but driven) out of Gate 2 on the Warners lot. Don’t know what it was doing there.

10 Likes

I have a friend who cosplays with her husband; they have an Ecto-1.

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s been my problems with imagining myself with a tattoo.

When I was a young, my favourite band was Pink Floyd. They were THE BEST. But, they broke up, so as I grew older I had to pick a new band.

My second favourite was Soundgarden. I liked me some Pearl Jam, some Nirvana, some Screaming Trees, but Soundgarden was THE NEXT BEST.

Then they broke up.

By that time, I had grown up enough to make up my mind that nothing lasts, so no more Favourite Band designations have been handed out.

So, that’s why I’ve never been able to commit to a tattoo. Hell, I switch my pseudonym from game-to-game, from platform to platform, and rotate my avatar to boot.

So, uh, pick something that you kinda like and can stand behind, but don’t be constrained if you want to change it.

5 Likes