Damn it… rewatched that movie this past weekend. Still makes me bawl like a baby.

1 Like

3 Likes

That’s why I limit my viewing to twice a year; both me and my kid end up ‘leaking.’

My daughter read the book this summer and wanted to watch the movie, so we did. Still a wonderful adaptation. It’s been a few years since I’ve re-read it though… I should do that soon.

And is it a stage play? Did I miss that? Apparently… and DANIELLE BROOKS IS SOPHIA!!! How did I miss that?

http://colorpurple.com/family/

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I read the book, and I haven’t yet been to see the play.

I don’t know; she’s been on fire career-wise for a few years now.

2 Likes

Go subtle. Well, unless you actually are him.

Edit: Damn. Missed the obvious.

2 Likes

I do all (well, >90%) my boinging on my phone (i6, so totes not huge) - but I abandoned FB years ago as its creeptacular when it comes to privacy… but that’s hardly sufficient to make it an outlier these days :frowning:

Some things to work well “wee”, some don’t. I forgot where I was going with this…

5 Likes

Oh, I thought this would be a thread on why we chose our avatars.

4 Likes

Do tell.

G’wan…

(Psst. Check the first post. )

3 Likes

Not a bad idea for a topic, though I’m sure it’s been done before.

3 Likes

Ooh, you changed that!

2 Likes

Seemed like the right thing to do. I’ve never been one for “on-topic” anyway. :blush:

4 Likes

I shall

In the series of books I am writing there are 16 magical elements (8 pairs of opposites even) and the six pointed asterisk is the symbol for the element of word.

In other news, I am really in love with @Melizmatic’s avatar. And with @Melizmatic for that matter.

4 Likes

Aw, shucks…

7 Likes

<—This avatar: One morning several years ago at work, I dumped some powdered creamer into my cup of coffee; some of it didn’t want to sink, and I noticed it looked like a sad face, so I quickly snapped a picture from overhead.

10 Likes

I like. Makes perfect sense for “word” as it’s all search-string and footnotey.

1 Like

That’s a [quote=“piratejenny, post:75, topic:81799”]
I quickly snapped a picture from overhead.
[/quote]

Not judging, but my coffee would also make that face if I put powdered creamer in it.
It’s neat you managed to catch it on camera though.

Heh. Not bad. Toss-up between that and @funruly’s Unknown Pleasures.
Marilyn looks better when shrunk.

2 Likes

Eh, when somebody else is paying for it, you take what they give you. The picture is the perfect embodiment of workplace coffee!

8 Likes

It really is, isn’t it! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I really like it that way. Truly looks like “sad” coffee, on multiple levels. (In a pinch I’d drink it too.)

3 Likes