Avengers: Endgame's Joe Russo thinks we're pretty close to AI-generated films

Originally published at: Avengers: Endgame's Joe Russo thinks we're pretty close to AI-generated films | Boing Boing

high quality GIF

7 Likes

But why?

2 Likes

wait Marvel movies aren’t already generated by AI on an unholy set of training data from finance bros, movie producers, focus group moderators and entertainment industry execs? I guess you learn something new every day

11 Likes

Having watched a couple of episodes of the Russos’ series ‘Citadel’ - I rather assumed AI was already churning out scripts.

4 Likes

and this is why we can’t have nice things.
isn’t this exactly the issue behind the impending hollywood writers guild strike?

1 Like

Putting yourself into romantic scenarios with a Marilyn Monroe avatar? It’ll be the end of civilization, I tell ya!

2 Likes

Hey, no She-Hulk spoilers!

“I hope you like your heroes with 6 fingers!”

4 Likes

Only my villains

Count Rugen The Princess Bride GIF by filmeditor

3 Likes

And visuals! I literally - really literally - thought for a moment “wait, is he a CG character?” about the lead guy. He looks like a freaking video game avatar.

4 Likes

Re-Post…

I’d watch that!

2 Likes

millions of people largely wrote off artificial intelligence as something that was far too “sci-fi” to arrive in their lifetime.

Yeah, because until fairly recently the definition of AI that most people used implied sentience. We’re not suddenly living in the future just because we lowered our standards. Today’s AI can do some impressive things, but they’re not anywhere close to being self-aware synthetic people.

7 Likes

I’ve had a rough day at the office, and the only thing that’s going to turn things around is a mediocre RomCom.

Also, guessing Russo didn’t watch Blonde.

In closing: Ewww.

Based on a lot of the comments I see around the internet I’m thinking a decent amount of people aren’t wanting the self-aware aspect.

1 Like

The hallmark channel exists for a reason.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a form of voluntary torture.

Someone has to provide grist for the snarky queer women over at You Should See The Other Guy

Sadly they didn’t use an AI to give him an American accent - I assume he learned it from a correspondence course.

We are still ratcheting the roller coaster up the steep side of the Gartner Hype-cycle. The “Valley of Disillusionment” is still coming.