Awesome mirrored costumes at the Vienna Buskers Festival

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/10/awesome-mirrored-costumes-at-t.html

8 Likes

OK, I’m impressed.

6 Likes

I can take a guess at the type of material they used for the costumes but the finished effect is quite awesome.

5 Likes

They do have the “Scanner Darkly” anonymity thing going on.

6 Likes

Mirrorballs of death.

1 Like

Relax? Why wouldn’t we? Vertical is the unambiguously correct orientation for video of people standing upright, when the subject is the person and not their surroundings.

3 Likes

I might believe you if our eyes were stacked.

4 Likes

wait for it…

7 Likes

9 Likes

Just don’t. They won’t listen. I’ve tried. Even though a huge proportion of video viewing is in exactly this format, especially for throwaway video like this it won’t make a dent.

2 Likes

DON’T MAKE ME TURN MY PHONE AROUND, MAN!!

Actually, life’s too short to care.
Cool costumes though.

1 Like

I feel like these are Doctor Who antagonists that just end up being misunderstood.

3 Likes

You mean, uh, mirrors?

Relax regarding the vertical video.

1 Like

EDIT: Scooped by @JasonBass. Should have gone for the Zelazny instead!

2 Likes

There’s some really neat acrylic and reflective plastics that look pretty close to the costumes. My guess is that its something along those lines because if real mirrors were used the costumes would be really heavy, hot, uncomfortable and delicate. If they really are glass mirrors that’s awesome but i think the performers would be more comfortable wearing alternative materials. And considering this is meant to be worn in for public you wouldn’t want it to be delicate.

2 Likes

The French-Candadian Musical Collective, Arcade Fire, used to tour with a man in a mirror’d suit:

1 Like

Wait, is that booth in the background selling CHEESE SPAETZLE?

1 Like

This reminds me of what specialized combat armor in the Hyperion novels is supposed to look like (which makes sense if you’re facing an enemy with powerful laser weapons).

1 Like

It’s really nice to see that Daft Punk was finally able to turn it around. Good for them.

2 Likes