But thanks guise. Awesomes.

The result of more random trawling through youtubeā€¦

2 Likes

Anyone remember this band?

Went fairly ā€œhair metalā€ shortly after:

2 Likes

Hawkwind at their weirdest.

1 Like

could just be my mood, but Townes van Zandt always sounds like a lost gem found againā€¦

2 Likes

The more things change, the fewer words are in your name

2 Likes

Yeah. They lasted all of a year under that name, though. Lots of changes in that band - about the only constants are Astbury and Duffy (and on a somewhat recurring basis, Jamie Stewart).

There are no other mixes

Some odds and sods that I like late at night, mainly (but not exclusively) instrumental, all with maybe some awesome sauce (but hopefully diverse enough that people can find something with awesome sauce, chacun selon son goĆ»t): some Kraut rock (Amon DĆ¼Ć¼l II), some French Prog/fusion (Potemkine), one of the ProjeKcts (i.e., King Crimson), Satch doing whatever you call what he does, Jack Bruceā€™s take on folk musicā€¦

ā€¦and finally, some really old Prog:

(Gotta be Prog - look at the time signature! :smile:)

1 Like

Loggins And Messina - ā€œSame Old Wineā€

As true today as it was when it was written.

In other news, you can now like posts while playing the YouTube clip without worrying about invisible monsters stopping them.

2 Likes

One for our donā€™t-push-your-luck dragon.

1 Like

ā€¦ hello milky way

By the time it gets to the indonesian monkey chant my mind has usually already exploded again.

4 Likes

Ok. Fine by me. Have some John Lurie:

2 Likes

5 Likes

I love the Fast Show! It wasā€¦ Brilliant!

Jazz, you say? We can do jazz. :smile:

1 Like

A couple of guys I dated put Sweet Child of Mine into their personal rotation in my honor. It makes me feel good knowing someone thinks about me when a certain song comes on the radio, even if it wasnā€™t a song that I much listened to myself, or would have picked out as descriptive of me. At some point, sad in my (now over) first marriage and nostalgic for the good old days when guys used to put songs on their mix tapes so they could think about me, I put this live version on my iPod and listened to it quite a lot when I was exercising.

The guitar solo is sweeet! The recognizable guitar intro starts around 2:30 if you arenā€™t interested in the stuff they are doing before laying into it.

2 Likes

une autre

1 Like

I used to play this LP a lot when it was new, I wonder if I still have my copy. I remember liking Romeo and Juliette.

I noticed that it did that when this thread was new, and then it quit doing it a few days ago. good work, pal.

2 Likes