Awesome Song Thread!

Cause the band came up on shuffle play today… and I love this song…

3 Likes

“You guys are wasting so much food!”

wow. just… wow!

I like the new track.

Good old Reading Festival.

I was there for these:

1 Like

don’t take it too hard – techno is basically “disco discovers 1950s electronic avant-garde”

Wait 'till they get a load of the 1960s!

Karlheinz Stockhausen - Kurzwellen

This used to be my basic “chill-out” music whilst in collitch. If actually writing, I’d listen to Jesus Jones’ Info Freako

Now why didn’t I post them in here?

I have 3 CDs from them… all amazing. They also do a great cover of The Avengers theme.

1 Like
2 Likes

Holy moly, I haven’t listened to Momus in ages. Gotta bust out those cds!

1 Like

Slightly different generation, I think. My college electronica was stuff like this:

or this (pre-Miami Vice, please note):

Never really was a big fan of Stockhausen (nor very many of the rest of the Darmstadt generation, for that matter), although they were all certainly current at the time - rather preferred the guys who influenced them: Messiaen, Dallapiccola. (I’ve had a fondness for the Martenot ever since I had the pleasure of catching Yvonne Loriod at an SMCQ concert back in the early '70s with Messiaen himself in the audience.)

3 Likes

I was going to post something, then found I had.

BUT DID NOT LABEL IT FOR SEARCHING O NOES!!!

Arthur Russell - The Platform on the Ocean

Fance Gall, Jazz A GoGo… Cause she is popping up on my mp3 player today and how can you listen to her and not feel happy?

1 Like

Today, this song is awesome.

(BRB - gotta go return a rental textbook!)

3 Likes

this is my favourite of hers:

1 Like

Arthur Russell, redux

Go Bang

Arm Around You

This is How We Walk on the Moon

I Like You

Let’s Go Swimming

Yeah, I’m on a bad AR kick, today… bad parenting?

his more experimental stuff is great, but I really think Love is Overtaking Me is his best work by far… amazing he thought none of it was worthy of release.

I remember An Emotional Fish getting many bottles of piss hoyed at them there in 1990. Good times. I was too off my tits to go see Psychic TV though, sadly (yes, I know. I couldn’t even find the stage, dammit).

25 years, still fucking wonderful.

2 Likes

Actually, have the whole thing. Y’all need it. It’ll make it better, believe me.

1 Like

Miles Runs The Voodoo Down…

4 Likes

You know you love this song.

2 Likes