Baby emu excited to play with puppy

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/11/03/baby-emu-excited-to-play-with.html

4 Likes

Yes, shooting vertical video was certainly the smart choice. After all, when you’ve got two animals interacting, the last thing you want is to have them both in-frame at the same time.

18 Likes

Is that really playing or “I wish I was a cassowary with a razor sharp claw to rip it’s throat out”.

8 Likes

That dog looks nervous about the bird to me.

“That a tall dog. But smell funny… What happen?”

4 Likes

The emu is already attempting pecks at the dog’s genitals. Give it another few months and it’ll be capable of killing the dog with a single kick, no cassowary claws required.

Cute, though.

8 Likes

Oh, the verticality!

4 Likes

That’s what I was thinking… Looks more like a threat display. Clever girl

7 Likes

yeah…it’s laying on it’s back and deploying it’s primary weapon, the claws.

This isn’t like a dog doing ‘oh i’m submissive’…it’s like “COME AT ME AND I"LL CLAW YOU TO DEATH”.

3 Likes

I think it’s better with arms.

19 Likes

Exotic animals make great pets?

They’re not exotic in Australia…

3 Likes

Oh is the video from Australia? I didn’t see that.

Whoever’s taking the video sounds pretty Australian to me.

4 Likes

OTOH, Emus ain’t pets here either. They’re a protected species; you need a licence to keep them.

5 Likes

I need it to gabble.

This is what a cat did to my dog a month ago, since when he has given it a very wide berth.

It certainly looks as if the emu is trying to frighten the dog off - it is doing rapid movements indicating “you can’t catch me” along with threat displays from claws and beak. “Playing” presumably in the sense of “stop playing with your food”.

2 Likes

Would rumbling be close enough?

3 Likes

That’s awesome. :thumbsup:

1 Like

Beat me too it. My preferred version as well.

So, you think the owner is just spreading lies about their pets to fool us into thinking they are playing?