Arizona Sheriff’s deputies choke escaped pet emu to death

Originally published at: Arizona Sheriff's deputies choke escaped pet emu to death | Boing Boing

1 Like

where is body cam footage of the officer getting kicked in the leg? i am calling bullshit.

13 Likes

That call should’ve gone to animal control. LEOs have neither the training nor the mentality for that job.

20 Likes

Never call the cops for “help”

22 Likes

I’m surprised they didn’t unload 50 bullets into the emu while telling it to stop resisting

21 Likes

I’m surprised they didn’t unload 50 bullets into it after they choked it to death.

12 Likes

Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office is notorious even by cop standards. Remember Sheriff Joe Arpaio?

15 Likes

Dammit. They don’t even know how to support the legs in order to get it into the car? They think they can just pull on the neck and the rest will follow?

d&d loop GIF by Hyper RPG

8 Likes

“… the emu had been loose before and had previously kicked a Deputy… in the leg” – and then decided that if they ever encountered the emu again, they would kill it.

10 Likes

They attempted getting the emu out of the neighborhood unharmed but, unfortunately, they were unsuccessful.

The emu was found to be unalive following a deputy related passive voice encounter.

6 Likes

The emu had disrespected a cop, and that could not go unpunished.

/s

4 Likes

In related news, Rod Hull’s grave has been dug up from the inside.

5 Likes

Emus eh? What happened to that list of “things that scare cops”

what is the plural of Emu? Emupodes?

3 Likes

Officer: “But with brown people it works! Isnt it the same?” /s

5 Likes

I think we’re all glad it wasn’t a chicken.

1 Like

One Richard and a whole bunch of dicks. As Grey Devil said, it is surprising they didn’t shoot it Indiana Jones style just for expediency.

1 Like

That poor emu had nothing on Karen:

It is now.

6 Likes

I’m not convinced they have the intelligence for most jobs at this point.

They tried to force an emu into the back of a squad car? I feel particularly sorry for the emu and I’m not at all surprised one of these idiots was kicked in a previous encounter. That is often the natural result of trying to force an animal that size into a space in which it won’t fit. Apparently ‘relative spacial volume’ is something beyond the grasp of these fools.

Fire them all. Replace officers with emus. Or emupodes. Whichever.

5 Likes

I mean, the one thing that is likely in abundance in Maricopa County is a horse trailer. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes