Emu decides tasty pear worth more than freedom

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/01/emu-decides-tasty-pear-worth-more-than-freedom.html

7 Likes

I would have used a teen magazine with Pete Wentz on the cover from eleven years ago to lure it back

8 Likes

Emo Pear is a peppy tune:

3 Likes

Poor guy, all he wanted was an education.

“It’s not a phase, Mom; it’s who I am!” *cranks up Evanescence’ My immortal"
The Emo Emu on Twitter: "Up@OMGitsfirefox episode 3 never forget. Happy  birthday!"

6 Likes

A woman named Mickey had a number of birds including a “free range” emu named Cecil within her fenced in property hidden in a canyon in the middle of Brentwood. Cecil loved - LOVED - eating grapes. I met Cecil a few times. He towered over me and I was pretty terrified.

4 Likes

Considering the life of relative ease awaiting that Emu I think it made the correct choice. Yummy pear then pampering? Yes please.

5 Likes

Kermit, if you’re reading this, let me be the first to welcome you to our fair state. Glad you decided to come, after all.

2 Likes

I can’t not think of this video whenever emus are mentioned…

14 Likes

They should have tried this with our late local emu antihero, Eno. May the gods speed her to her rest.

2 Likes

It’s a fluffy velociraptor.

10 Likes

I always get emus and cassowaries (cassowarys?) confused, which I assume is going to be the death of me one of these days.

3 Likes

Emu : Cassowary :: Barney : The T-Rex who almost ate Jeff Goldblum

9 Likes

The problem lies less with knowing that one of them is deadly; it’s more with remembering which one

1 Like

“Be wary of the cassowary.”

7 Likes

“That emu gonna cream u.”

2 Likes

My son has that shirt!

5 Likes

If you see a giant bird that looks like a friendly muppet then it’s probably an emu.

If you see a giant bird that looks like a horned dinosaur equipped with six-inch-long razor sharp claws then it’s too late, you’re already dead.

difference

9 Likes

Now, if you want to repel an emu instead, try some HCQ

If you want to summon an emu, just give a 5 yr old a sandwich and put them on a picnic blanket.
Pretty soon an emu will be there to steal that sandwich from said child. (Not speaking from childhood trauma… twitch twitch)

7 Likes