Baby meets her family cat for the first time, completely flips out with happiness

“Ooh, sorry, kid, sorry. I’m not used to the laughter of children. It cuts through me like a dentist drill.” -Moe the Bartender

Seriously, I’m flashing back to an evening gathering I attended where someone decided to bring their small child to an apartment inhabited by a small skittish dog. It was unpleasant.

1 Like

Xeni, you were a little behind the curve on this one. It’s been kicking around the Caternet all week already.

Yeah, and if the baby has a thumbsucking habit, they’ll frequently poke themselves in the eye or thereabouts if (like my son) they don’t adopt the habit of forming a fist first. A great many infant clothes have extra-long sleeves with wee pockets to tuck their fingers into to keep them from clawing their own eyes out.

3 Likes

Like an adorable little straight jacket. “It’s for their own safety, I swear!” :wink:

2 Likes

People, no mesh liners in cribs! Why do people trust marketing over doctor recommendations?

No bumper pads, no mesh liners; nothing but a mattress, a mattress cover, and a baby.

When we came home with newborn some friends were over talking with my dad… So when the left not too long after we got settled in the cat was looking at them ‘wait you forgot the…oh man kill me now’
He actually ended up being quite good about it as long as we didn’t totally ignore him and he found out that the baby was warm so snuggle time was usually with both baby and cat.

2 Likes

BoingBoing does it again, this is the classic human infant protective cry when encountering dangerous animals that it fears might eat its face, the cat is obviously likewise uninterested in getting anywhere near the terrified human infant - having probably tasted human infant face before (a portion of the anatomy only slightly less disgusting than the human infant anus) This woman is torturing both the child and the cat and there is absolutely no reason for the BoingBoing editors to spread this display of sociopathology if it weren’t for it being so ickly poo cutesy wutesy.

3 Likes

that baby is about to base jump out of the crib in her “flying squirrel” suit.
kids are extreme these days.

7 Likes

My first word was “kitty”. My second word was “tail”. My first sentence was “wanna pull kitty tail.”

And that’s when I learned that no matter how much I like cats, I’m a Lenny and can’t be trusted with them if there’s no Bruce George around.

Challenge… FAILED.

are those sorted ascending or descending?

2 Likes

Cat on the other hand, “What the hell is this screaming sausage-thing?”

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

The cat doesn’t appear to be completely flipping out with happiness.

Should probably keep him away from the other “kids” though, he appears to have a wandering eye…

“Oh god, you’re replacing meeee!”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.