Cat meets the family's newborn baby and immediately vomits (video)

Originally published at: Cat meets the family's newborn baby and immediately vomits (video) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

The diaper doesn’t smell that bad, does it?

4 Likes

I’m with the cat. I just don’t get the appeal of babies.

13 Likes

At least he didn’t vomit on the baby

9 Likes

Honestly, that’s what I was expecting. Given that he ran to the bedroom, I’m surprised it wasn’t on the bed.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say it was an immediate vomit. Seems more coincidental or stress related.

If it was an immediate poop, that would be a message.

7 Likes

At least the kitty did not vomit ON the new baby…

6 Likes

I think stress. Made worse when the humans followed.

My spouse left the clothes he wore while cuddling the baby on the floor when he popped home to shower and feed the cats during my hospital stay. He also took home some swaddling blankets she used. So the cats at least knew about the weird smell before we got home with her. He also hung around outside for 10 minutes with our newborn so I could go in and give some affection and treats before the baby was presented to our feline overlords. Seemed to help, they were curious but not stressed.

5 Likes

Yoinked from another topic

4 Likes

Clearly the cat is just clearing some room for when it needs to steal the baby’s breath; since we all know that’s a thing cats can do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.