Cat welcomes family's new dog

Originally published at: Cat welcomes family's new dog | Boing Boing

7 Likes

That was fun. Both of my cats are wandering around the house now, trying to see who’s freaking out

19 Likes

Yeah. Sound on but not up if you have cats! Mine scrambled

10 Likes

That cat has some serious Michael Scott energy.

The Office No GIF

18 Likes

poor stressed out kitty : (

11 Likes

One of my cats decided to change his sleeping location from the foot of my bed to a laundry basket in the office/spare bedroom.

The other one got freaked out in the early morning when she didn’t see him. She got me up 45 minutes before my alarm.

5 Likes

I hope they cancelled the new dog plans. Should have realized the cat would freak out. Some cats are cool with dogs some are not, this one is clearly not at all.

10 Likes

Yeah i don’t find the vid funny, seeing a cat that distressed is sad. I presume that this isn’t the first time they’ve seen their cat react this way, otherwise why record it? If that’s the case if they decided to bring in a dog into the household knowing this is the cat’s reaction i find that to be pretty shitty

I have a cat that dislikes other pets, and while i would love to have more i haven’t out of respect and love for my current cat

19 Likes

Mine actually hopped up next to me to watch the video.

7 Likes

Even if you are set on integrating your pets, pet psychologists often recommend a transitional phase. The method shown here is way too abrupt. :pouting_cat: :pouting_cat: :pouting_cat:

ETA: So much stress…I hope kitty finds some peace.

10 Likes

This is a joke. I do not advocate for violence.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if that’s the way the cat usually howls when Dad comes home, and they used it for upvotes. At least I hope so.

2 Likes

TREASON!
A betrayal most vile!

3 Likes

Well, my cats are all awake now, wondering who is screaming.

I once rescued a puppy and brought it home. When I entered the house, one of my cats, normally a very easy-going guy, hissed, spit, jumped into the air, and poofed up all of his fur, all in one quick move.

Pup slept in the bathroom that night, as was the plan anyway. He was just happy to be out of the bitter cold and in the company of a caring adult.

4 Likes

Comments on the reddit thread point to a follow up video depicting the cat still upset with the new dog. Cat still furious at new family dog who desperately wants to be friends - YouTube

The original and follow up video date to 2015, so this is all old news. One reddit commenter claimed to have seen a post somewhere stating that the dog was re-homed, but I’d take that with a grain of salt.

1 Like

“Kalashnikov, we make guns for cats!”

My cat is napping on the floor about 10 feet away; she didn’t even look up, surprisingly.

4 Likes

Maybe you don’t but your kitty seems down with it.

Acknowledge Flying Dog GIF by GOOD PUPPY

2 Likes

Put me down in the not a fan of videos of cats in distress camp.

That cat was unhappy. DNL.