Baby seal enters house through cat door, has a whale of a time

Originally published at: Baby seal enters house through cat door, has a whale of a time | Boing Boing

1 Like

He must have a really big or fat cat to have the need for a door to let something that big into his house.

1 Like

This has not helped change my mind that New Zealand is an actual magical fairy tale land.

3 Likes

That seal certainly picked the right house to get in!

Sealions are the dogs of the sea … but they’re wild dogs.

I went snorkeling with sealions once. I was just paddling along on the surface, looking down. The young sealions thought it was hysterical to swim down to the bottom, then turn and come up like a rocket, aiming straight for the bridge of my nose, before veering aside at the last moment. I’m pretty sure it was play rather than aggression – we later saw adult sealions acting aggressively, and that was unmistakable. But they didn’t let you forget that they were in their element and you weren’t in yours, and I did get repeated opportunities to see their rather impressive teeth perhaps a bit closer than I might have wanted.

They may look like cute water doggos, but I’d recommend treating sealions – and dogs, for that matter – with the same respect that you’d treat any powerful and potentially unpredictable animal.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.