Watch this adorable seal tickle a human diver and give him head scratches (video)

Originally published at: Watch this adorable seal tickle a human diver and give him head scratches (video) | Boing Boing

6 Likes

What a great, smooth, barrel roll from the seal.

11 Likes

omg that barrel roll and the shots of him just sleeping and being moved around by the current like a fat hot dog were amazing. i didn’t realize they also pinned themselves in safe spots to catch a nap.

12 Likes

Good on the diver for cleaning up each time he goes down.

10 Likes

I wonder what the seal is getting out of this. People like to anthropomorphize, but the seal might be thinking of him, “If I tap this floating thing, some tasty crustaceans might scamper out!”

3 Likes

Seals are amazing underwater. I’ve had the pleasure of going scuba diving and watching them play. Cats pounce on each other, dogs play-bite each other’s face and neck, and seals nip and tug at each other’s fins. It’s a delight when they grab a diver’s fins and tug. And I once had the pleasure of getting a nose-to-nose boop from a seal pup.

9 Likes

… seals have claws :confused:

2 Likes

Recent events have rendered me somewhat more suspicious of our cousins the sea mammals. Stay alert down there, and watch your six.

aileron roll

:smile: :clap: :clap: :clap:

48c

1 Like

Did you know seals are dog mermaids?

Think about it.

2 Likes

6 Likes

How does he resist the overwhelming urge to pet the sea doggo?

(Yes, I know he says not to, that’s why I’m asking)

4 Likes

When I was around them, they were adorable and also moved like wild animals. Hard to describe, but I felt damn lucky to be there and not once did I want to break it by touching the critter. “Sea doggo” is accurate, but they were more like very friendly wild dogs than pet dogs.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.