Badass Dragon Scavengers of the Void - Round 4 - Ugly Duckling

> iotrap.wisconsinplatt: 0xb4c4b75a4ea03c83a418a6be69d2481add92facf

“Roger that, wisconsinplatt! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ buy repairs
✔ buy rad_shielding
✔ buy flywheel
✔ mission 3
1 Like

[I’m going to pay 25 juice to critter and daneel for repairs, and 50 to rkt88edmo for repairs, as they have a lot of need. I plan to buy the rad shielding and flywheel, to improve my DEF without sacrificing EVA (although, EVA may not matter in my mission choice -it might, that’s not terribly clear). So perhaps skipping the flywheel and getting the targeting algorithm instead, and taking mission one would be my best use.

I have 303. Donations of 100, and personal repairs of 75 would cost 160, rad shielding and the targeting algorithm would total 100, leaving me with 43, enough for the flywheel and a drink or two, if we all survive. Can someone check my math, and comment on whether that would be my most effective (and somewhat complex) course of action?]

@Kassandra CHECK
BUY Repairs
BUY Repairs
BUY Repairs
BUY Rad_shielding
BUY Flywheel
BUY Targeting_Algorithm
PAY critter 25
PAY daniel 25
PAY rkt88edmo 50
MISSION 1
END

3 Likes
  > iotrap.newliminted: 0x53c7ca909f7ea2a2c08c70f0e8af79ae59bb6da1

“Roger that, newliminted! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ buy repairs
✔ buy repairs
✔ buy repairs
✔ buy rad_shielding
✔ buy flywheel
✖ buy targeting_algorithm
   [ERR] targeting_algorithm does not appear to be in stock this round. :(
✖ pay critter 25
   [ERR] Player '25' does not appear to exist in this reality. :(
✖ pay daniel 25
   [ERR] Player '25' does not appear to exist in this reality. :(
✖ pay rkt88edmo 50
   [ERR] Player '50' does not appear to exist in this reality. :(
✔ mission 1
1 Like

Jeez. It’s daneel! Thanks autocorrect?!

2 Likes

[Hm. Let’s test that again?]

@Kassandra CHECK
BUY Repairs
BUY Repairs
BUY Repairs
BUY RAD_SHIELDING
BUY FLYWHEEL
BUY TARGETING_ALGORITHM
PAY 25 critter
PAY 25 daneel
PAY 50 rkt88edmo
MISSION 1
END

2 Likes
  > iotrap.newliminted: 0xeacf95bb85c42e5c0f3d419949beec5bbf5b3de1

buy repairs
buy repairs
buy repairs
buy rad_shielding
buy flywheel
buy targeting_algorithm
pay critter 25
pay daniel 25
pay rkt88edmo 50
mission 1

“Roger that, newliminted - the above orders have been discarded. Your new orders on file are:”

✔ buy repairs
✔ buy repairs
✔ buy repairs
✔ buy rad_shielding
✔ buy flywheel
✖ buy targeting_algorithm
   [ERR] targeting_algorithm does not appear to be in stock this round. :(
✔ pay 25 critter
✔ pay 25 daneel
✔ pay 50 rkt88edmo
✔ mission 1
2 Likes

Whoops! ‘Targeting_Algorithm’ is correct. I had mistakenly entered it as ‘Tracking_Algorithm’ in the config file. That specific order is correct and on file as of this moment. My bad, @newliminted

4 Likes

You are a generous meat-sack, T.Rump. I shall remove your name from the list.

Cacti are not renowned for their counting. Hmm. I believe I now have 75Ʉ + 6Ʉ + 25Ʉ (106Ʉ?), so I can improve my chances of avoiding this swarm

@Kassandra SUBMIT
BUY REPAIRS
BUY REPAIRS
BUY FLYWHEEL
MISSION 4
END

4 Likes
  > iotrap.daneel: 0x708eb80e468a1c36d641c2b60c8082f32f3fdd1c

buy repairs
buy repairs
mission 4

“Roger that, daneel - the above orders have been discarded. Your new orders on file are:”

✔ buy repairs
✔ buy repairs
✔ buy flywheel
✔ mission 4
2 Likes

@Kassandra SUBMIT
BUY REPAIRS
BUY REPAIRS
BUY REPAIRS
MISSION 1
END

Your orange skin is quite a wonder compared to the normal humanoids I’ve run across in space, but your generosity is unbounded. Thank you @newliminted Senor Rump, I am in your debt! I’m gonna crawl into my bunk now and start studying the XactoFabLabSuperSerger man pages, this exosuit is so dinged up I may end up running these ship board pew pew guns nekkid rather than wear my suit in its abominable current state.

3 Likes
  > iotrap.rkt88edmo: 0x2830c3674d1e670b5740eed85751dcce5dfa916d

mission 1

“Roger that, rkt88edmo - the above orders have been discarded. Your new orders on file are:”

✔ buy repairs
✔ buy repairs
✔ buy repairs
✔ mission 1
1 Like

That’s a check order, not a submit order. Shouldn’t kassandra give a different response?

1 Like

I believe the AI no longer parses checks. Salvagers strictly cash.

3 Likes

Er, huh? Did I say something out loud!? oh dear me, again… I’ve really got to find my meds . It’s my, my colloquial tail, you know, I just didn’t want to be so crude as to say ASS . Of course totally normal space humans don’t have tails.

Wow, just wow, Mr Rump, that’s so kind of you unlike that moose

5 Likes

I’m tired of getting popped by those eels, the natural order is I should be nibbling on them. I’d like to upgrade my targeting algorithm and if someone would spot me the 9U I’d offer 12 if I make it back.

2 Likes

Thanks for that! It’ll go great with my clubbin’ gear.

A note to the masses: I may have some juice left to loan out after I pay for some upgrades and my mission fees (which mission? beats me.)… Any requests?

9 Likes

M. Ornatus is correct - Kassandra just looks for an @mention now and assumes that it’s an order submission.

1 Like

I can do that.

@Kassandra SUBMIT
PAY 9 critter
END

You know, I used to spend a lot of time on Mars, alone, thinking about systems in the world, and how banking could use a real overhaul. Anyone else interested in starting something up? We could do some real good with our doctorates. For glory.

4 Likes
  > iotrap.steampunkbanana: 0x126175e4cf462eef974744b3cb14f49728d969b4

“Roger that, steampunkbanana! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ pay 9 critter
1 Like

Just remember, those orders won’t stand once you put in mission orders, it is last in first out, not instant or cumulative when Kassie processes.

3 Likes