Badass Dragon Scavengers of the Void - Round 4 - Ugly Duckling

Sir, I have a doctorate from Northwestern, I fully comprehend how systems work and the interconnections of species. I wanted to ensure that Mr. Ratchetcrank was able to do what he needed in a timely manner. I will be adding my further orders at a later juncture to be sure to not countermand these.

Space is hazardous and it’s important to let those out there with you know they are not alone. You can’t say, leave someone on Mars for 550 sols and not communicate with them. That would be horrible.

6 Likes

“I’m here to help, fellow scavengers. Who needs juice?”

Shoots a stink-eye side-eye at Theodore Rump, @newliminted.

Mutters.

“Oh, you’ll be getting your juice, all right, Rump.”

Flicks tail.

“Huh, what? No, I didn’t say nothing, I’m just going over these Mission Profiles.”

Ssssssss…

5 Likes

Well, at the moment , everyone who isn’t going on Mission 1 is going to die. Whereas, the worst that can happen on Mission 1 is 50 damage, and that isn’t very likely – indeed, impossible if you have enough science. So 2 repairs, a Sensor_suite, and you are gauranteed to survive, probably with no damage, no matter what anyone else does.

With plenty of cash to spare to buy toys, build complexity with other players, or just hold onto your money to see what tomorrow brings.

–Hans Landau

6 Likes

@Kassandra SUBMIT
BUY REPAIRS
BUY REPAIRS
BUY Targeting_Algorithm
MISSION 2
END

Well, that’s it. I’m zero juice and three in the hole to Mr Watney. I had to get away, maybe I’ll be getting father away than I thought…

7 Likes
  > iotrap.critter: 0xf131c6225e6fbb410383c64f0f8c7f9fa83dedb1

buy repairs
buy repairs
mission 2

“Roger that, critter - the above orders have been discarded. Your new orders on file are:”

✔ buy repairs
✔ buy repairs
✔ buy targeting_algorithm
✔ mission 2
1 Like

Pfah! Foolish! What are the chances?

Let’s see, 125, minus…25, leaves…

See! There’s only a 100% chance of being eaten. I’ll take those odds!

5 Likes

In that case I’m leaning Mission 1. Gotta protect my investment.

4 Likes

That’s good, 'cause I just realized I’m 12U in the hole to you. Happy gunning!

1 Like

The worst part about adult space eels, isn’t that they’ll eat you. It’s that they tell terrible jokes and never stop.

If someone could lend 8Ʉ, I can purchase a Targeting_Algorithm to better fend off the eel in mission 1. I recommend earplugs on the next mission.

9 Likes

Naw, y’amateurs, the SEN defense is cumulative. If we have enough staff on Mission 1 that all their SEN stats add up to 125 or more, we’re fartin’ through silk.

So who do you trust to man the guns?

4 Likes

Again, I know how the math breaks down. Me, I feel like shooting a ton of shit today. I’ve still got a lot of rage from that whole Mars thing.

3 Likes

Can I get 10 back?

1 Like

Sorry about that, Watnose, I wuz talkin’ at the cactus.

1 Like

That’s what you get for murdering defenceless potatoes.

6 Likes

Now, now, I raised those little potato children, they understood that they would have to make certain sacrifices in order to ensure that the world would survive. They all went willingly into my microwave. I have signed documentation.

6 Likes

If we don’t start treating our Eel Stompers better, there’s going to be damn few of us left.

@Kassandra SUBMIT
PAY 8 gwwar
END

That’s a gift

-Hans Landau

5 Likes
  > iotrap.bizmail_public: 0x8fab3ac9d9707af8dd72376dd082a0597e99b832

“Roger that, bizmail_public! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ pay 8 gwwar
1 Like

Murmurs to the succulent @daneel

The nutcase circulates memos and liability releases to his vegetable garden. How is he still employable?

6 Likes

Mark,

Recall all the people who gave up their dreams, ended their careers, and risked their lives, to get one lousy human back from Mars?

I think it would be great if you joined Vi Locke on the Eel patrol. Even better if you followed T. Rump’s example and helped other Eel patrollers be successful, now that you have over 300U. If we don’t have at least five scavengers on eel patrol, it’s going to get lonely around here. And this time no one is going to come flying in from far away to keep you company.

-Hans

4 Likes

How lightly you pass off slavery.

After what passes for thought inside a cactoid I have reconsidered.

Having been cruelly punished by the fates once, I shall tempt them again. Surely I won’t become part of the 1%?

Plus, I’m still pissed at those eels.

@kassandra SUBMIT
BUY REPAIRS
BUY REPAIRS
BUY SENSOR_SUITE
MISSION 1
END

4 Likes