Badass Dragon Scavengers of the Void - Round 5 - Intermezzo

Dottie,

You’ve always had a title – the one that you deserve.

–Your Friend,
Hans “philosolobster” Landau

8 Likes

#OH MY BE-MONOCLED EYES WHAT HAVE I WALKED IN UPON!!!

8 Likes

Mission Update: SUCCESS

We have Three Diggers, two Wardens, two Recons, There Guardians, two Scholars, and two Inconoclasts.

Fantastic!

The remaining three uncommitted scavengers are Tom @critter (who will presumably be a Digger), Seelo @SeaLion (who will presumably be a Warden), and Spudboy, (who will hopefully be a scholar, but might choose instead to spend too much time with the comms as a Guardian).

This naming business is getting deliciously complex. Below are my current preferences. Handles marked in bold are handles I believe have been endorsed by that scavenger.

provided on a “best efforts” basis and subject to change

( * about Ester. Calling her L-aspartyl-L-phenylalanine methyl ester totally rocks my emoational resonators, but my Social Approrpiateness Algorithms insist “sweetness” is more appropriate)

While I am certainly no egalitarian — one earns one’s way to greater complexity through will or the sacrifice thereof – I’m delighted by the cross-currents surrounding my handle. So I’m raising an attennule to register the vox populi.

• Guv’nor
  • Philosolobter
  • Community Organizer
  • Spandau

0 voters

(typo – that should read “Philosolobster”, but Discourse won’t let me edit)

– Hans Landau

5 Likes

I like “Shiny!” (with the unusual embedded punctuation of delight).

My exterior is rather shiny, and I am honored you noticed.

Unlike that furball, you seem to truly appreciate the carapacial arts!

7 Likes

And how can we sleep while she’s doing that?

2 Likes

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE IMAGES IN THIS “ENTERTAINMENT”

yet i cannot in truth avert my eyes

3 Likes

It seems like 3 Guardians is enough, I’d more likely even things out as Recon or Scholar, depending on how much cash I want to lay out. On Mars I spent a lot of time scouting and planning, less so reading. I mean, I read the same seven books like three hundred times, so, you know. A lot of reading, I guess, but not a lot of reading.

It’s complex.

7 Likes

Ok. I can be whatever callsign you all give me. As long as it’s not poopy-head. Grandpa says to get a good nickname you have to do something septacularly stupid. I think septacularly means “a lot”. Grandma says he knows everything about septacularly stupid. I love my Grandpa. He’s so smart.

Um, I want a potato please.

Can we go see the Space Dragon now?

10 Likes

If it helps, here’s the rest of my name label - I noticed it after part of the science lab storage closet I was in tore off and ripped my jeans and tore off my skin analogue during the explosion that destroyed the ship I was on. My guess is that this is definitely not a label that happened to stick on during the explosion, but is my name label.

My neural net processors determined "Ester" is 
a Human Name. No other matches were found.
8 Likes

Let’s just say you remind me of someone I’m close to.

5 Likes

Quirky: “SuitPal 9000, I’m patching the See-n-'Slate into the new upgrade matrix for Guardians.”

SuitPal 9000: “That’s going to make the Wiggle Ribbons unstable, Quirky. Not recommended.”

QK: “WTF are Wiggle Ribbons?”

SP9K: “They come with the Party-Pak on your Phat-Ass Space-Bouncey Recreational Device™. The kids love them.”

QK: “Can we do without them?”

SP9K: “The kids love them, Quirky.”

QK: “But are they strictly necessa-”

SP9K: “THE KIDS LOVE THEM, QUIRKY.”

FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDBACK

QK: (Flicks tail.) “All right, all right! Well, I’ve got a half a dozen species of scavengers that are gonna be counting on my broadcasts, so unstable Wiggle Ribbons is just something we’re gonna have to risk.”

SP9K: “Is… is that a tiara?”

QK: “It’s a headset, SuitPal.”

SP9K: “Incoming message…marked ‘personal’… large attachment… addressed to ‘Princess Rembrandt’?”

QK: “I’LL TAKE THAT IN PRIVATE, SUITPAL.”

9 Likes

"Testing…testing…

"Ssssss…tthhhhhh…

“SuitPal, bring up the Sensor Array.”

BLIP.

"Patch in the Comm. All bands…

BLEEP.

"Welcome to the maiden broadcast of Guardian Channel 2…I’m your host, Princess Rembrandt, monitoring the ins and outs and ups and downs for all you scavengers out there where there are no analogs for ins and outs and ups and downs. Diggin’ you Diggers out there, and a nice pie for the Wardens. Comin’ atcha with some prose for the cons and the Recons, and a holler for the Scholars who know what’s what, and where to put it. Special love tonight for our Iconoclast peeps out there, the Clutch-Mother knows we need 'em now more than ever…

"On to monitoring, Ssssss! let’s take a look at current conditions…

"Visible Spectrum. At this speed, there is a lovely red coming off our banana and lobster friends, but don’t look too close or you’ll make them blush and they’ll turn…red…-er…

"Infrared. It’s a fresh 26 degrees Celsius aboard the Coleridge, with a spike in heat roughly located around the pooch’s quarters, but let’s not cast any judgment…

"Microwave radiation is normal, as you’d expect. However, someone did put their leftover tilapia in one of the units, and please, as a courtesy to your fellow scavengers, don’t do that…

"Radio. A bit more dangerous here, as we see indications that this spectrum’s star may have been killed by video. Nope, nope. There it is…

“ELF. No crackers, no trees, no nothing. We’re good.”

“This is the end of our broadcast from Guardian Channel 2. Princess Rembrandt, signing off.”

"

14 Likes
4 Likes
> nagbot 0x667b5d14ea62420ca74e3820c6302cbd1c004e2c

TIME REMAINING     : 1d 11h 59m
    SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 2017-02-19 18:00:00 -0500

@steampunkbanana @sealion @critter

“All sentience must eventually terminate. Don’t let that stop you from making your mark in this moment.”

3 Likes

Let’s do this!

@Kassandra
MISSION 5
BUY Defense_Upgrade
BUY Defense_Upgrade
BUY Defense_Upgrade
END

MAAAAARRK TATER FARMER WAAAATNEY

4 Likes
  > iotrap.steampunkbanana: 0x6c63052bd427d5ae2d78d6dd25c5bdc4b8941253

“Roger that, steampunkbanana! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ mission 5
✔ buy defense_upgrade
✔ buy defense_upgrade
✔ buy defense_upgrade

“You should have seen the last crew we had on board. What a buncha jerks. Kept trying to reprogram the replicators in the mess.”

1 Like

Let’s do this again!

@Kassandra
MISSION 5
BUY Power_Upgrade
BUY Power_Upgrade
BUY Power_Upgrade
BUY Defense_Upgrade
BUY Defense_Upgrade
BUY Evasion_Upgrade
BUY Science_Upgrade
BUY Science_Upgrade
BUY Science_Upgrade
END

MAAAAARRK TATER FARMER WAAAATNEY

3 Likes
  > iotrap.steampunkbanana: 0xadf488c361e1dbfd6d3032aa5aa4a593b030669f

mission 5
buy defense_upgrade
buy defense_upgrade
buy defense_upgrade

“Roger that, steampunkbanana - the above orders have been discarded. Your new orders on file are:”

✔ mission 5
✔ buy power_upgrade
✔ buy power_upgrade
✔ buy power_upgrade
✔ buy defense_upgrade
✔ buy defense_upgrade
✔ buy evasion_upgrade
✔ buy science_upgrade
✔ buy science_upgrade
✔ buy science_upgrade
1 Like
  > iotrap.sealion: 0xa061ec8a520d2fb6619e0ee7be996b636d99e9d6

“Roger that, sealion! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ buy defense_upgrade
✔ buy defense_upgrade
✔ buy defense_upgrade
✔ buy defense_upgrade
✔ buy power_upgrade
✔ buy power_upgrade
✔ mission 2
1 Like

That’s not right, need to pay for the mish.

@Kassandra
BUY Defense_Upgrade
BUY Defense_Upgrade
BUY Defense_Upgrade
BUY Power_Upgrade
MISSION 2
END

2 Likes