Badass Dragon Scavengers of the Void - Round 6 - Nine Fathom Deep

“So, um, yeah. Here we are! Light years from home, dead in the water, and blind as a bat. That’s the good news.”

“I’ve pieced together the log commits just prior to the incident. Looks like the Coleridge initiated an emergency dump of the main warp ballast, which explains the bumpy landing. We appear to be just inside the edge of some sort of widely-dispersed debris field? I suppose it’s theoretically possible the debris represented a potentially fatal navigational hazard, hence the crash dump. Sensors are down, so I’m stuck to visible spectrum at the moment.”

“Now here’s where it gets interesting. See that speck floating off in the distance? Looks like a space carcass, right? I think it’s a ship, but - at the risk of sounding dramatic - I’ve never seen anything like it. Partially organic? Biomechanical? Infected or infested with some sort of hostile organic life form? Coleridge flagged it as an Object Of Interest just before everything went to hell. We need to explore all our options right now. And who knows? It may have salvage.”

Idle fee: 75Ʉ
“If you’re going to stick around, it’ll cost you some juice. We need all available hands right now.”

Mission 1 - Nose for News
“So the front of this thing…how can I tell it’s the front? Trust me on this. Some sort of command structure? Signalling antennae? Eyestalks? Just get close and see what you can find there.”
Cost: 10Ʉ
Requirements: none
Salvage: 2x Good chance of ???, small chance of ??, very small chance of ?
Risks: Defensive response (20-40HP based on DEF)

Mission 2 - What, the Hull?
“Remember that part about how this thing might be organic? We could use a few maneuverable types to get in close and explore as much of the surface of this thing as possible. We’re flying blind, and we need our Recon team to put eyes on it.”
Requirements: Available only to Recon
Salvage: +50Ʉ incentive payment, (EVA+SEN)% chance of valuable insights for Round 7 (bonus +50Ʉ)
Risks: Booster fatigue (5-15HP based on EVA)

Mission 3 - Underbelly of the Beast
“The underside of that thing has some unusual projections. Mooring mounts? Legs? They seem to move at random. See if you can’t slip in there and see what you can see.”
Salvage: 1x Good chance of ???, very small chance of ??
Risks: 3x Struck by appendage (3-7HP, EVA% chance to avoid)

Mission 4 - Right in the Ol’ Space Cloaca
“We may very well be the first scavengers to ever come into contact with something like this. It might be a radically advanced life form. Shouldn’t we know what it eats? OK but seriously this might be the easiest way to get access to more interesting places. If you have a strong stomach, scout away.”
Salvage: 4x Good chance of ???, fair chance of dangerous salvage
Risks: Caustic secretions (10-30HP based on DEF)

Mission 5 - Eye Spy
“With the sensor array down, we have precious little intel on what the heck this thing actually is. If you’re able, patch your on-suit systems into the main grid for amplification. Keep an eye on the others as they interact with the bogey. And be sure to debrief the rest of us when it’s over.”
Requirements: none, but safest for Guardians
Salvage: +50Ʉ incentive payment, (SEN+SCI)% chance of valuable insights for Round 7 (addl. bonus: +75Ʉ)
Risks: Full-spectrum feedback: 40-60HP (reduced by SEN for Guardians)

###Company Shop
“Look, everything’s offline right now, our supplies are smashed, and it’ll get worse if I can’t find out what’s wrong with the Coleridge. You’re on your own this round. Chin up! Maybe you can scare up some prime salvage out there?”

8 Likes