> iotrap.bizmail_public: 0x990d26126dc96df5790d375593fd5fe8d2c32f6b

“Roger that, bizmail_public! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ pay 31 @penguinchris
✔ buy   mass_spectrometer
✖ trade mass_spectrometer @penguinchris
   [ERR] You don't seem to be in possession of a 'mass_spectrometer'. :(
✔ mission 4
1 Like

Ugh - hadn’t considered that case in the error handling. This will run correctly when turns are processed.

2 Likes

I see that my blasters might be a bit of an issue on Mission 5, but I need to retain a high POW+SCI score.

If anyone wants some additional power on their Mission and has SCI to trade (or just doesn’t need SCI because they’re going on Mission 4), perhaps we can find some way to mutually benefit?

3 Likes

Well, let’s science the shit out of it.

@Kassandra
MISSION 4
END

‘Tater Farmer’

2 Likes
  > iotrap.steampunkbanana: 0x4e718063af88a6bda26ac980d9f52e8f209f700b

“Roger that, steampunkbanana! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ mission 4
1 Like

@messana

As I understand the turn order rules, Kassandra is throwing an ERR here because I do not currently have a mass_spectrometer, but this is a valid set of orders that will process as stated at run time, assuming I have at least 126 U.

Right?

Thanks – Philosolobster

2 Likes

I need better day job. I’ve got some green, but no juice to make use of it. Oh well, MaterCow always said to save for a rainy day.

At least there’s Ice Cream - and I know what flavor I’ll be having

For Gold and Glory!

@Kassandra
MISSION 4
END

3 Likes
  > iotrap.wisconsinplatt: 0x61a74b997eb7cfcf9c3e79bd44a0d4e1605a5dcd

“Roger that, wisconsinplatt! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ mission 4
1 Like

Looks like I have a few varieties of exoskeleton to choose from…

Meh, I’m not really into the whole “steampunk” aesthetic. Besides, those gears would probably freeze up at the first sign of moisture. PASS.

You’ve got to be effing KIDDING, right? How is this even an option. THIS SUX, HARD PASS.

Hmmmm… streamlined, sturdy manufacturing, excellent power structure, and fits like a damn glove. ACCEPT.

@Kassandra SUBMIT
BUY Powered_Exoskeleton
BUY HUD
MISSION 4
END

11 Likes
  > iotrap.monkeyoh: 0xbd06270b4e373af26d92774f2407264f0d9db362

“Roger that, monkeyoh! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ buy powered_exoskeleton
✔ buy hud
✔ mission 4
1 Like

As you surmise, Kassandra is fussing because you don’t currently have a mass_spectrometer. Chicken, meet egg.

At execution time, the BUY order will happen first, followed by the TRADE order and everything will happen as expected if you have 126Ʉ on hand (31Ʉ for the PAY order, 75Ʉ for the BUY order, and the last 20Ʉ for the mission fee).

2 Likes

Thanks Honeywine, that’s moost kind of you.

I’m pretty sure running out of juice mid mission is game over man, game over (RIP Bill :cry:)

In any case, I’m taking the mission. I haven’t worked out whether I should spend your juice on SEN or just hold it as a buffer in case of getting lost but I’m sure it’ll come in handy.

4 Likes

A twisty maze of passages huh? As long as they aren’t all alike I’m sure I’ll be fine.

@Kassandra
buy HUD
buy HUD
buy HUD
mission 2
end

Preliminary scans indicate I’ve got slightly better than a 1 in 3 chance of getting lost in there and enough juice to handle getting lost 3 times.

5 Likes
  > iotrap.uphill: 0xade7f534da1ba5c229d66264f88beb2062437ace

“Roger that, uphill! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ buy hud
✔ buy hud
✔ buy hud
✔ mission 2
1 Like

I have some string that you can use!

5 Likes

@Kassandra
Trade BALL_O_TWINE @uphill
MISSION 4
END

Regards,
TF

7 Likes
  > iotrap.steampunkbanana: 0x626e3d9f3e09d1ccdfa3095352fad92ec923027a

mission 4

“Roger that, steampunkbanana - the above orders have been discarded. Your new orders on file are:”

✖ trade ball_o_twine @uphill
   [ERR] You don't seem to be in possession of a 'ball_o_twine'. :(
✔ mission 4
1 Like
ERROR - THE SELECTED STRING WAS NOT FOUND

Never mind TF, I’ll just leave a trail of breadcrumbs.

6 Likes

awesome. Let’s see how this shit works.
–Philosolobster

5 Likes

I’m fairly certain you don’t know what possess me. It’s clearly located in the left front thigh pocket of my suit. I used to use it for a garnish when I was marooned on Mars for 550 sols.

4 Likes