Badass Dragon Scavengers of the Void - Round 7 - Contact

If any scavengers have juice to spare after your purchases and mission selection, please consider letting one of the Guardians on mission 2 “hold” it for you for the duration of the mission. If we get a little lost, your juice might be the only thing that brings us back on the inside of our exosuits.

4 Likes

Great Idea!

Any guesses who the “Star” Guardian is proving to be?

If we could figure that out – and how much SEN they have – I can post the odds of each outcome, helping scavengers decide if it makes sense to join Mission 2.

–Philosolobster

3 Likes

We’re all stars here.

So far it’s just Princess Rembrandt and me on mission 2.

Naughty Brian (uphill):
SEN: 56 (38 + 3x HUD)
Juice on hand: 76 (incl 50 from Honeywine/rkt88edmo)
Risk Profile: 29% chance of disorientation, can fail 3 times

Princess Rembrandt (DreamboatSkanky)
SEN: 47 (35 + 2x HUD)
Juice on hand: 50
Risk Profile: 38% chance of disorientation, can fail 2 times

4 Likes

Clarification for mission 2: Highest Guardian SEN is shared by all, but each scavenger rolls their fate individually as they fan out through the maze of twisty passages.

Example: Three scavengers take Mission 2

Gorgo (Guardian, SEN 50, 50Ʉ in reserve)
Ratchet (Recon, SEN 20, 24Ʉ in reserve)
Dusty (Digger, SEN 24, 51Ʉ in reserve) 

All players are considered to have SEN 50 for the duration of the mission. All have a 35% chance to achieve a ‘Lost!’ result.

Gorgo: First roll of 10 and is Lost! (-25Ʉ). Second roll of 33 and is Lost! (-25Ʉ). Third roll of 72 and returns with 0Ʉ. Phew!
Ratchet: First roll of 27 and is Lost! (-25Ʉ) and dies since Juice reaches -1Ʉ while on mission.
Dusty: First roll of 63 and returns with 51Ʉ

A highly qualified Guardian makes it less risky for everyone as the twisty passages are explored and mapped, but everyone is still at risk and must gauge their juice buffer accordingly. Extremely lucky and extremely unlucky outcomes are possible on a case by case basis.

5 Likes

That’s really helpful. Thanks.

Mission 2 Status

Naughty @uphill is the guardian with the most SEN, so at this point, there is only a 29% chance for anyone on Mission 2 to get LOST. The probabilities current are:

71.0% Return safely at a cost of  30 U 
91.6% Return safely at a cost of  55 U or less
97.6% Return safely at a cost of  80 U or less
99.3% Return safely at a cost of 105 U or less
 0.7% Require more than 105U to return safely

If you are are low on HP and have 80U, Mission 2 is looking very safe.

p.s. Honeywine @rkt88edmo is also along for the ride, so all three Guardians are on Mission 2.

3 Likes

In that case, perhaps the other folks on mission 2 should save their juice instead of buying HUDs to increase their SEN.

2 Likes

@bizmail_public - looks like my neural processors do need some further repair after all - have to check the ambiguity matrix. I failed to see through the ambiguity of the mission postings, where it does not explicitly say that the shared stats are shared for people on that mission only. I thought it was shared among literally everyone.

4 Likes

HOW MISSIONS 2 & 4 WORK

Management @messana has endorsed this interpretation:

On Mission 2, each scavenger will make each LOST roll independently. However, the probability used for each independent LOST roll will be set by the single guardian with the highest SEN. All scavengers on Mission 2 will have the same LOST roll probability, set by that single Guardian. Having a second Guardian on the mission with a lower SEN than the first Guardian on the mission will have no effect on the LOST probability for any scavenger on Mission 2

Mission 4 will work similarly, where the probability of dangerous salvage for ALL scavengers on Mission 4 will be set by the scholar on Mission 4 with the highest SCI.

Scavengers on Mission 2 should choose one “Star” Guardian for Mission 2 and push the SEN of that one “Star” Guardian as high as possible.

Mission 4 likewise benefits from a “Star” scholar. I am supporting Sweetness @penguinchris as that Mission 4 “Star.” Other Mission 4 scavengers would likewise benefit from building up Sweetness’ SCI.

-

“A scholar who cherishes the love of comfort is not fit to be deemed a scholar.” - Lao Tzu

-Philosolobster

1 Like

I think I get it. In which case, these extra HUDs are not really helping. Maybe I should get a refund on one of them, and save that Juice for a LOST contingency?

Unless there’s some way to link Guardian SEN for a cumulative effect. But maybe that’s coming. (And maybe for other stats, as well?)

@Kassandra SUBMIT
BUY HUD
TRADE Sensor_Suite @daneel
MISSION 2
END

3 Likes
  > iotrap.dreamboatskanky: 0x91454d9425fe0ae9891d7c389eff821b713fd67a

buy hud
buy hud
trade sensor_suite @daneel
mission 2

“Roger that, dreamboatskanky - the above orders have been discarded. Your new orders on file are:”

✔ buy hud
✔ trade sensor_suite @daneel
✔ mission 2
1 Like

Entirely correct. Your interpretation is an exact match for what I’d hoped to convey in the mission briefing.

2 Likes

@uphill - Silly robot, er human…that is why I was sending you 50U to buy more SEN and then trade the equip back to me…

Also - if you end up buying SEN, looks like you are also receiving inbound items in trade, and only one item can be traded back, so you can send me 50U back on completion, or if you don’t thinkyou will need it I can change my orders.

I don’t think anyone should necessarily forgo buying equipment, as pricing and availability change each round. They may not affect you this round, but depending on your gear and what you plan to upgrade as we mine more colors…Remember that each piece of equipment will cost a min of 50U to upgrade based on the current round prices.

Just have enough juice left to make it through. And the more SEN we get to @uphill the more juice/blue everyone will save.

4 Likes

I am silly. Thank you for your patience.

I need to keep some juice in my pocket in case I get lost, so I can’t spend everything on HUDs (technically I could afford 1 more but then I only have enough juice to survive getting lost once). Unless things go catastrophically wrong I’ll be able to give you back either your 50U (plus interest?) or a HUD in the next round. At this stage, since nobody else has loaned me juice or items you can have either, just let me know your preference.

2 Likes

Naughty,

Mr. T. Rump will loan you 50U for this mission if you are the “Star” Guardian for Mission 2. That should keep you safe.

– CrustaSean Spicer, aka Hans “Spokeslobster” Landau

4 Likes

Yes, please repay the 50, no interest needed.

Thank you for leading the way on Mission 2.

3 Likes

Please thank Mr T. Rump for his generosity.

This takes me up to 62 SEN and everyone on mission 2 down to just a 23% chance of getting lost.

@Kassandra
buy HUD
buy HUD
buy HUD
buy HUD
mission 2
end

3 Likes
  > iotrap.uphill: 0x4766f9c8b278644423af7c015400ee2f1fc9cf7c

buy hud
buy hud
buy hud
mission 2

“Roger that, uphill - the above orders have been discarded. Your new orders on file are:”

✔ buy hud
✔ buy hud
✔ buy hud
✔ buy hud
✔ mission 2
1 Like

Theodore ‘Golden Hands’ Rump looks up a the sound of the jabbering computer, his hands futilely attempting to shape a GOLD bust of himself. “What?!” WHY IS EVERYBODY CALLING ME LIL SMOKEY?! I never agreed to that. It was never even discussed!

He looks on in horror as The Philosolobster scuttles over, and grabs the GOLD node from Rump in his off claw, while tetching at Theodore with the other, potentially more deadly one. “Give me that, LITTLE Smokey. You don’t know what you’re doing, and I’m done working from the shadows while you destroy what may be our only chance at getting out of this alive or, um, powered.”

An obviously shaken Rump gives up the gold without resistance. “Fine, you can have it. I have enough gold to build The Ship a drive-through golden car wash if I wanted to. I could shower it in gold. But I’m keeping the blue stuff. It’s squishy and it makes me happy.” He opens a little tub of the blue stuff and gleefully starts jamming his fingers into the azure goo, apparently having forgotten the GOLD entirely.

@Kassandra SUBMIT
DONATE GOLD
END (for now)

4 Likes
  > iotrap.newliminted: 0x94e6930dd46d0d4c6cc1f5f6460ca778b2358566

“Roger that, newliminted! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✖ donate gold
   [ERR] Alas, but I have no way to parse 'donate gold' as a command. :(
1 Like

That’s okay, it looks like spokeslobster spicer already handled it.

4 Likes