Badass Dragons of the Wasteland - Round Five

If I recall the original logo centered around a type of bear. Why a hockey team in Boston decided they would use a bear a hundred years before the Eastern Bearsnake came upon their waters I’ll never know…

Word’ll put on a Beantown cap. Thinking about hockey may help me keep cool. Sitting in the front of a Vanagon I’m basically looking down at my own front bumper, so getting some of the sun out my eyes sure would be handy. Besides, I never did care much for stickball.

I reckon we could use another set of tires on Mission 1, so I’ll help fetch Billy and Brian. I’m thinking they’re going to have some equipment needs hauling back here anyways.

2 Likes

Do we really want to rescue Billy and Brian?

I’m gonna give it about another 24 hours. You guys have been hugely entertaining in this round, and I need to give myself sufficient time and space to react accordingly.

Believe it or else, this was kinda designed to be a quick, tossed-off round to make breathing room for a more ambitious Round Six.

Oops.

3 Likes

Who else is going to teach us how to do dive bomber pushups?

Elysian Fields, here I come.

Yeah, Yeah, I’ll do one of the Dodger Stadium runs – probably Mission 4 – but the real reason is to have the Lotus cruise Elysian Park with these Noble Souls

and take in Angel’s Point

http://www.lamag.com/Pics/Images/slideshows/Your%20LA%20to%20Z/wedding.jpg

one last time.

If the Major can handle Mrs Potts, I’m gonna just cruise around the parking lot feeling the vibes of Mission 4.

5 Likes

More than happy to waltz with Pepper. Always thought she got it wrong with bloody Stock, or whatever his fool name was. Met her once or twice about the place, nice girl.

Just rather hoping she turned in the usual way, and didn’t end up like this:

4 Likes

I’ll watch your back then, the three of us we should call ourselves The Hansons on this one.

Mm-bop, zombies.

Quack attack is back, Jack.

2 Likes

I guess I’ll join mission 4. Suck up some gas for this merry band.

Most of the zombies should be pretty easy to run over but there may be a lot of them. Occasionally you’ll find a driver that zombified while still strapped into the saddle, so keep your eyes peeled.

I’ve heard stories of vehicles mutating and turning pretty nasty as ShitGo processes the rotting flesh that falls through.

8 Likes

Poor bastards. With their four spindly legs.

When did you see that? Where the heck is Pinky?!?!

1 Like

I was thinking more this.

1 Like

I can’t rock a hat that awesome…

I’ve heard tales of those, too.

And, worse things. They mostly come at night, mostly.

1 Like

Thanks mission4 crew (in advance) for getting us some gas!

You can probably just use powers of intimidation.

3 Likes

To those on the fuel run.

2 Likes

The flipping bloody GoogleBot. After years of “innocent research”, Google bought that confounded Boston Dynamics company, and the UK government allowed them to testbed new tech whereby the Google systems tracked misusers of data and picked them up with GoogleBots.

Bloody frightening they were too - we found the trick was to flip them upside down. Ha!

2 Likes

Well, we sure showed you.

4 more hours or so. Tick tick tock, time to get those top hats on.

2 Likes

The missions are filling out, though to improve our odds we could definitely use some more sign-ups (check the stats to see who’s signed up, it’s current).

Mission 2B does sound a bit deadly, but I might attempt that one myself if anybody wants to risk it with me!

I have a few ideas. I also want to get my collection of Smiths records back that I sold to Amoeba before the war (and when The Blob was still just a non-irradiated amoeba) when I needed money. They hardly gave me anything for them and it didn’t even pay for the gas to drive out there from Garden Grove, oh well. Gonna need those on Mars I expect.