Badass Dragons of the Wasteland - Round Nine

Hey, it’s the fiddler, not the size of the fiddlestick.

2 Likes

“Oho! Looks like we’ve got a late arrival! Wheeling his way into the Dome aboard his spotless Jag-powered Lister “Knobbly” sporting the lucky number 29 is the worthy and honorable Major Joseph Talleyrand-LaRoche from Her Majesty’s Special Forces (22 Special Air Service Regiment, unless I miss my guess?). Somebody tell him that his Queen is dead, and so is the God he keeps asking to save her.”

Name              Class   MHP   HP   FP   AR   SP   TQ   MV   EN   LK
Maj. Jos. T-LR    Scout    38   33   88   45   87   38   82   42   40

Well, that unbalances our applecart a touch. Four on three just isn’t cricket, am I right, LaRoche? So who shall we insert to balance the battle? Anyone? Well, all right, if it’ll make all of you happy I suppose I can delay my retirement for another hour or two…"

Name              Class   MHP   HP   FP   AR   SP   TQ   MV   EN   LK
Humongous         Scout    25   25   99   49  102   11   90   42   43
6 Likes

So, another dumb question.

I have never played this game before.

Am I right in thinking that I should be able to put a socket by/under the fan and it should plug it in? If so, why doesn’t that seem to work? I know I need to use a laser to turn it on, but it won’t plug in anyway.

Moving something to a socket works, moving a socket to something doesn’t.

I found a different way to ‘solve’ the puzzle anyway. A way Nixssson would have approved of

2 Likes

Well great gravy, that seems to be one hell of an all-star team there, Toecutter. Any rational people would be shaking in their boots to go up against any one of you in a dark alley.

But the thing is, we’re not in a dark alley. And you’re not really a team. All-stars, certainly, with fine rides, but the interesting thing about all-star teams is that they lose to teams. And we’ve been teaming up for what feels like a very, very long time. Hell, what’s only been a few days for you feels like it’s been two weeks or more for all of us. We are a unit, a system, a pack. You’re just four dudes in some spruced up wheels who are going to get your asses handed to you.

5 Likes

Charitable, Nanner. ;^)

2 Likes

Ah, crap guys… somehow you got a bad file. I don’t even understand how it happened because in no version of the puzzle was the outlet incorrectly set up. It’s supposed to be there from the start, with the fan plugged in.

I do know about the alternative solution (and now I understand why it was discovered) but if anyone’s feeling charitable, perhaps they can download this fixed version and try for the real solution:

(some different options in the profile setup also make this version run much more smoothly, I don’t know how the original one I linked to got so sluggish, I really screwed that all up somehow)

As you can tell, there are definitely a few quirks (“a few” is putting it charitably) but I must have spent hundreds of hours with this game as a kid in the 90s. When we were trying to think up unique puzzles for you all to solve I thought it might be fun and it more-or-less fit our narrative :wink:

3 Likes

That is so much faster it’s silly. This did work much better though.

1 Like

Yeah after offering the fixed link I thought I should probably double check to make sure it’s good and noticed it’s probably actually running too fast. Again, don’t know how it happened, heh.

1 Like

Not really, I was only referring to the events since Mel met his untimely demise… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, gotcha. I thought you were just being unduly nice to me and how briskly I’ve run this ship. It was good for a chuckle.

1 Like

Hey, Wastelanders!

There’s word from the Thunderdome! Initial results are trickling in!

I expect more on the morrow…

2 Likes