Badass Dragons of the Wasteland - Sign up here!

You’re in! 'Twas a slack period indeed. You’re our sixth applicant so far, and we should have ten by now.

I blame the weather. Radioactive blizzards blanket the northeast. I understand their pitiful few solar generators haven’t seen a sunbeam in months.

Keep an eye out for your Registration PM!

And feel free to tell us your story… unless you’re one of those reticent, tight-lipped, keeps-to-hisself types…

(Where’d he get all those scars?)

3 Likes

I’m about to turn our current four vacancies into nine…

GO! GO! GO, YOU BASTARDS, GO!!!

@awjt, @bizmail_public, @cha0tic, @CaptainPedge, @SamSam, @anon68287401, you interested?

1 Like

@patrace said he was interested in being a player this time, too.

2 Likes

Did he now? Oh, excellent! I’d thought he was too busy at the moment.

How about @kingannoy ? He ran a tight (and entertaining) ship last time.

@Medievalist and the proud Hobar met a tragically early end last time. Maybe he’d like to exact some revenge on a completely different world?

2 Likes

Last time there was a big wadge of applicants after we started thanks to Xeni (I think) posting about it on BB. Perhaps ask an editor to do that again after this first round is over if there are still vacancies?

2 Likes

Yeah, good call. I’d thought about giving her or one of the other editors the heads-up about it a few days ago, but feared we’d be inundated with a flood of applicants, most of whom would have to be disappointed.

But now I fear I was too cautious.

1 Like

Signups were open for 5 days last time round.

1 Like

They were? Wow. Well, we can afford to be easygoing about it, which is a relief. Missions still start tomorrow, however.

And I can’t believe I forgot to post @penguinchris 's most excellent Title Screen here. Should make for eye-catching advertising!

7 Likes

I’m sure that there’s no need to worry. We can keep signups open longer as needed to get a decent number of folks, or get it on the main boing if necessary.

1 Like

I’m in?

2 Likes

I AM IN,

I am still confused what interface I should be using, and I apologize if this is a double sign up.

But this fractured world of unevenly distributed resources needs… a trader.

3 Likes

Yer in! I’ll PM you a link to the registration form.

2 Likes

You’re in the right spot. I just wanted to give everyone a fair chance to sign up, thinking somehow there would be multitudes clamoring for a chance to run each other over and grind mutated monstrosities into the radioactive dust 'neath their oversized and spiky-hubcapped wheels (hence this unnecessarily metered signup thread), but maybe too many would-be Drivers are perished, captured, in the shop, outta gas, or otherwise unwilling or unable to fight and perhaps die alongside us.

No matter! Cougar and Blazer will take what dregs of semi-humanity they can get. Your registration PM comes anon. Glad to have you aboard… Trader of the Wastes?

1 Like

Oh, I’d rather like to join in, sounds like a jolly good romp, wot!

Keeps me out of the way of the … well, you know, that sort of thing. History and all that. Never you mind.

3 Likes

Got the announcement only just now so i’m gonna percolate on my backstory for a few more hours. Until then: I’m in!

3 Likes

Hey pal, you wouldn’t happen to have a pina colada in one of them tiki mugs, would ya? This low end pepperoni sure makes me parched, and I used to know a trader up near Emeryville that could make a spot-on colada. His hair was perfect.

Well, that was before the war, of course.

3 Likes

Howdy,

My name’s Clank. Well, actually it’s CLAHNK-uhn-shteen, but most folks just call me Clank, seein’ how it’s so much easier and don’t sound so snooty.

Even when I was really young, I couldn’t hardly go past somethin’ that was broke without I’d stop and try and fix it up. Wouldn’t always be purty when I got done with it, but it’d usually work, more or less like it was s’posed to.

That’s sorta like me, see. When I lost my legs to that… I guess I still don’t like talkin’ ‘bout it, so I’m gonna skip a bit. Anyhow, I was in a wheelchair for a while, but I cobbled together these metal legs from old scrap I found layin’ around. They don’t look so good, but they work mostly like the real ones did, plus I can take 'em off if I need to get right in the guts of a car or truck. Kinda handy sometimes.

That old van I found in the junkyard was just the thing, too.

Better 'n a wheelchair by a damn sight, once I got the super-pooper mods installed into it and me both. So now, in a lot of ways, I’m a old Dodge van. I fixed it up, 'course, got me a 225 slant 6 with a dual-range rear axle now. I ain’t fast, but I can get to places you wouldn’t expect.

So, when I heard ‘bout the group that’s tryin’ to get places for the whole species, I figured I had to throw my hat in the ring.

user: davide405
character: Clank
vehicle: '67 Dodge Van (A100)
class: Mechanic
favorite possessions: Crovel Extreme II, dragon plushie, coil of bailing wire

7 Likes

Splendid! Keep an eye out for your registration PM!

1 Like

And you too! PM on its way with registration link. Glad you could make it!

1 Like

We had a Dodge van that we drove across the country in for the Bicentennial. It was old when we got it. Fifteen years later it still ran, Dodge knew how to make stuff that just wouldn’t die.

2 Likes