Badass kitten goes into attack mode every time rescuer tries to set it free

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/06/badass-kitten-goes-into-attack.html

11 Likes

I guess no relation to this guy…

https://youtu.be/Tqw4i5lm2Ac

(no idea why video isn’t loading inline, sorry, it’s a Max the Lynx)

1 Like

Never confuse a Bobcat with your regular house cat. They are murder machines. Rawr.

10 Likes

Get 'em, kitty! Never back down from The Man!

12 Likes

We actually had a neighbor when I was a kid that had a “tame” bobcat. It even used the toilet. I wasn’t allowed near it but I was told it was nice… ish.

9 Likes

Yeah, like other animals you can get them tame-ish. But not something to trust your face around 100% of the time.

7 Likes

So the obvious question here, as a person who’s spent years working with animal cages, is why is this cage so incredibly poorly designed that you need pliers to open it? I mean, what in god’s name is going on with these people?

3 Likes

I think it can be opened with fingers, but they don’t want their fingers that close.

13 Likes

bookmarks this link as reminder for name of next cat

16 Likes

“Murderbritches”… [giggle].

Edit: Previous typo entirely unintended.

9 Likes

red-dwarf-look-big

18 Likes

Beg to differ, at least on the killing front. House cats are murder champs

5 Likes

OH cats will murder traditional prey like bird, rabbits, mice, and rats. I saw a barn cat with a rat nearly as big as it was at the kiddo’s riding lessons. But they are still domesticated an fairly safe to have in your house.

7 Likes

All my experience with sharing my house with cats has taught me that this is only the case because we’re too big to eat. I love the critters but they’re murderous bastards all right.

13 Likes

I’ve seen an ordinary-size house cat go feral. Scary as can be. Lots of bandages were consumed by its owner getting it into a cage to ask for some kitty tranquilizer at a vet. I mean it looked like the owner was seriously attacked by a knife wielding assailant.

Bobcat? Murdercat sounds about right!

5 Likes

Pumas are just like feral house cats, scaled up a bit. They purr and do normal cat things. But any animal under about 40 lbs is an easy snack, and anything under 200 lbs fair game if they’re feeling ambitious.

6 Likes

One of our cats has to be sedated at the vet’s before the exam can be done. He looked just like this kitten. Even though he’s elderly he still go into bobcat mode at the vet.

6 Likes

There were zip ties, or perhaps a seal, that needed to be snipped off.

ETA looked like he used a Leatherman-type multi-tool.

6 Likes

We had a cat, real smart, great hunter, who would go into ‘disassociated mode’ when taken to the vet. No struggles or crying, just wanted it to be over.

3 Likes

Personally, I’m betting that needle-nose pliers look enough like a snake’s head to send little MB into full-fledged SNEKKK!!! panic-mode – and the other monkey doesn’t help by poking 'im with a stick.

Stuck in a cage being poked at by monkey-boys with sneks?

Yeah, KILLMODE engaged.

7 Likes