Badass Space Dragon - Round 7 - Sans Sheriff

can a ship have more than one?

The whole outlaw/stooge/neutral thing is a matter of perception. Iā€™ve listed the most general perception in the character results, if you feel youā€™ve been mislabeled, let me know.

If youā€™ve got room on the console! The effect stacks, it doesnā€™t multiply.

A chameleon , perhapsss?

Misssssionss, now, misssionss! I have sssome big ssspending to do, and I want ssssomething to shoot at, and I need to know how much to keep in resssserve.

Captain Falkayn makesss me grind my fangsss. He plotsss and he calculatesss and try as I might, employing all my clawed digitsss on my largessst abacusss, I cannot find the fault in his arithmetical model. Nor can I point to the precissse reason why I feel the way I do. He wantsss usss all to sssurvive, and to thrive in a free galaxy!

That makessss no sssenssse to thisss lizard.

Perhapssss I jussst need toā€¦ purge. I note with rising alarm that I havenā€™t visited the head sssince Ssssaturday morning, and my color is consssiderably off.

Maybe Iā€™ll think more clearly once I expel ssssome of thissss bile. Gilligan, youā€™ve got the conn. Iā€™ll be monitoring from my chambersss.

3 Likes

Today's Missions - Sans Sheriff

The Space Rangers, led by Hawk Granger, are here to clean up Charybdis. Pete wants you to hunt down the rangers before they have a chance to do anything. The ICUP wants you to help them find the outlaws.

Todayā€™s missions are pigpile missions, you fight in clumps.

• ICUP and Neutral may choose to attack rangers or work with them.
  • If you attack a ranger, you fight against him and his posse.
  • If you help a ranger, you join his posse.
  • If a ranger is not engaged in a battle (mission not selected by anyone), he will pursue a random outlaw (based on GRIT and LK).
  • If youā€™re I.C.U.P. and you join a posse, you may suggest a target. (GRIT)% chance thatā€™s who you go after.
  • If youā€™re Neutral and you join a posse, you may suggest a target. (GRIT/2)% chance thatā€™s who you go after.
  • If you work with a ranger to capture or destroy an outlaw, you get $5,000/head.

Example: Outlaw Lou chooses ā€œMission 1: Hawk Grangerā€ but no players choose ā€œMission 2: Ada Westā€ so Ada randomly chooses to pursue Lou. That means Lou is now fighting Hawk and Ada.

Mission 1 - Hawk Granger

Mission Cost: $500/ship (Supplies)
Reward: +6 GRIT, Salvage Rights
Risks: Severe Damage, Destruction, Death and Painā€¦

**Ship** **HP** **FP** **SH** **EN** **ST** **LK** **HAT** **GRIT**
Destiny 400/400 100 100 100 100 13 Ranger Hat 3

Mission 2 - Ada West

Reward: +5 GRIT, Salvage Rights

Epona 200/200 70 70 70 70 25 Ranger Hat 27

Mission 3 - Lil' Timmy Lee

Reward: +2 GRIT, Salvage Rights

Starbringer 100/100 25 25 25 25 50 Ranger Hat 20

Mission 4 - Marian McCall

Reward: +4 GRIT, Salvage Rights

Rogue Robot 150/150 60 60 70 20 140 Ranger Hat 70

Mission 5 - Sura Slaal

Reward: +4 GRIT, Salvage Rights

Fire Wind 200/200 80 70 70 70 140 Ranger Hat 70

Mission 6 - Zippy

Mission Cost: $0
Reward: Salvage Rights
Risks: Damage, Destruction, Death and Painā€¦

The Crop Duster 50/50 15 15 15 15 30 Ranger Hat 10

Sit out a round if the missions don't suit you -5 GRIT
Questions? Comments? Post them in the [Rules & Gameplay Thread][1].

Missions & Shopping Due - Saturday, Oct 5th 11pm (PST)

Weā€™re going to bring freedom to the people of Charybdis! What a glorious day this is!

~ Hawk Granger, Space Ranger

7 AM Sunday for UK peeps (possibly just me?)

If a ranger sleects one outlaw and said outlaw is already fighting alongside another outlaw, will the ranger engage only one, or both?

Azdel looks at the shipā€™s damage. He is calm and thorough in the way only a four and half ton Buddhist can be. The damage is slight, but Azdel treats the Muddlinā€™ Through as though his life depends on it. Because it does.

Azdel patiently works his way through the airlock on his way to Peteā€™s, where he quietly waits his turn. Several pushier beings cut in line front of him. Azdel breathes deeper and smiles. One of Peteā€™s helpers notices the massive, seemingly immobile dracosaurian. and shouts,ā€œYou need help? Weā€™re kinda busy, and air ainā€™t cheap this far outā€

Azdel raises his eyes to discuss the work order, glances at the shelves, and stops. His eyes show confusion. The material world is the source of suffering. Craving material goods leads one away from the middle path. But there it is, in front of him. The probability of that being here is astounding.

Azdel stammers a polite ā€œexcuse meā€ and carefully walks back to the ship.

ā€œDavid,ā€ he says. ā€œI donā€™t ask for much for myself. May I please have this?ā€

( Muddlinā€™ Through would like to buy the ā€œdunce capā€ from Pete, please. This will be included in the final order saturday night)

1 Like

Out of Chracter (OoC)

UK REPREZENTINā€™ Thanks for doing the maths. Iā€™ve got Juneau set on my iPod as one of the World times so I have some idea of when the turns are due :slight_smile:

FLUSSSSSSHH

Awwwwright. Thatā€™ssss what Iā€™ve been waiting for.

Singing:

"Well I coulda had a payinā€™ job,
Spacinā€™ for ssssome f*cked-up ssslob,
Ssspawned ssome eggss and true sssecurity.

But I left that shit behind,
To follow that privateerinā€™ grind
ā€˜Cause keepinā€™ Charybdis free is what I need.

Gonna wassste that Hawk Granger,
I live a life of danger,
Gonna kick that fool space ranger in the sssstones!

And when the Destinyā€™s fight is done,
Iā€™ll crap upon her bridge for fun!
And make a xylophone from Grangerā€™s bones!"*

Yeee-HAW!

Beginning Balance: $70,000.
Hull repair x 61: $12,200.
Plow x 3: $15,000.
Turbo x 2: $10,000.
Hull Density x 32: $32,000.
Misssion #1: Hawk Granger: $500.00
Total Expenditure: $69,700.
Balance Remaining: $300.

*fairly sincere apologies to Jack Russell and Great White.

5 Likes

If I counted correctly

14 Outlaw
3 Neutral
6 ICUP
2 negative grit

My initial crude guess is that the six rangers combined have roughly the fighting power of (on average) eight of our ships, but I need to do a more careful calculation.

For the seventeen non-ICUP ships, one possible strategy is pretty obvious: everyone chooses Mission 1, we all fight together, and everyone gets maximum grit. Another strategy is to have a ā€œsign up sheetā€ and carefully match ships to missions, but that means ships attacking weaker targets will get less GRIT.

What to do with the six ICUP ships is less clear. Having ships on both ā€œsidesā€ is definitely a plus. But killing ICUP ships is an anathema to me. Asking the ICUP folks to sit out a round ā€œfor the good of the revolutionā€ seems pretty sucky as well.

Together, this looks very doable. Uncoordinated, itā€™s gonna be a mess.

Let discuss and propose

p.s. On a different topic, those of us who got richly rewarded for hanging out with Brad Nebula clearly have an obligation to those who gathered intelligence and fought Tiny. So we have a lot to talk about.

Iā€™m afraid our scaly companion has gone and done something rather rash.

Options:

1. Death or glory! Tempting.

2. Pile on! We all pick Misssssssion 1 and let the Godsss decssside who livessss.

3. Matching Order. Our bessst, their bessst.

4. Reverssse Order. Our bessst, their worsst.

We might need another recruitment campaign for our quieter colleaguesss (sssacrificial lambsss?).

If the ICUPppersss donā€™t join usss, weā€™re ssscrewed anyway. We need ssseveral sshipsss on all but two missssssionsss.

No rewardssss. Sssso we need to sssave money for repairsss.

If anyone helpsss a Ranger. Iā€™m killing them.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll put my mission selection and purchases, shopping list style, together this time. Could you double-check my max hp? I was thinking that 30k purchase, posted for round 6, would have brought me up from 121 (in round 6 results) to 151 for round 7 results. Everything else looks perfect though, and everything is perfect, if Iā€™m wrong about the max hp.

1 Like

I will sign up with all yā€™all for mission 1. On one condition. Escrow me some cash for hull density upgrades because I have looked back over the last weekā€™s synopses and there are many unpaid and uncredited bar tabs!!! Disgusted! Sometimes the customers are not right. I am trying to run a business here as well as provide valuable community service and I cannot, will not, do it for free.

Alrighty. Iā€™m not interessted in ssspending hoursss ssstrategisssing.

$60175

($15000) Plow x 3
($11000) Hull Density Adjustment x 11
($10000) Captain Underpantsss
($8000) Hull Repairs x 40
($10000) Turbo Button x 2
($500) Misssion #1: Hawk Granger:

$5675

Iā€™ll add the ressst asss we go.

1 Like

The grit and luck of which ship? Is a low grit outlaw more or less likely to be pursued?

Say Lilā€™ Timmy Lee and the Starbringer are not engaged. Based on 50 LK and 20 Grit, does Timmy choose amongst ships only with less grit and luck than himself? Only ships with more?

And can he attack that chosen outlaw ship individually, or, if that chosen outlaw ship is part of a ā€œpig-pileā€, does Timmy then join the ā€œpig-pileā€ on the IPUC side?

The writeup is clear, but I want to be absolutely certain. Thanks

Greetingth, gentlebeingth. While the Thththkipper returnth to the head for one final cloaca-flush and to apply hith warpaint and battle-thong, I thought I might try to tranthlate hith thinking for thothe who might be put off by hith rethentā€¦ er, grouchy demeanor.

The Thththkipper ith, ath Iā€™ve thaid before, of the Old Thchool. He ith unuthed to thinking in termth of collaborationth and alliantheth that latht longer than a thingle mithion or tho. Hith trigger finger itcheth, hith thtomachth rumbleth for freshly-thpilled blood, andā€¦ wellā€¦ heā€™th going through a bit of a Change of Life. It thtriketh a majority of our thpecieth who live to attain a thertain age, and the Thththkipper ithā€¦ well, for a Thpathe Lizard, quite elderly. It thayth thomething about hith talenths, cunning, and ferothity that he hath lived to a ripe old age in one of the deadlietht profethionth known to our kind. Generally, we Thpathe Lizardth meet a violent end long before the thymptomth begin to manifetht, wherein our thcaleth begin to fray, our fangth loothen and fall out, and ourā€¦ well, our bowelth begin to give uth trouble.

I need thay no more about that part.

In the end, we thoften, our cold blood warmth jutht a bit, and we thpend the remainder of our dayth bathking in the thun, blinking ever tho thlowly at patherth-by, and we mellow into a thtate of purethtā€¦ groovineth. We forget our foeth, embrathe all ath our netht-brotherth, and finally learn how to love.

And then our organth fail, our tailth fall off, our eyeth become Xes, and we exthpire like unpaid magazine thubthcriptionth.

Itā€™s a hellish way to go for a Reptiloid.

Part of Thththkipper wantth to head off hith imminent decrepitude and go out in a blathe of glory. Yeth, that part may be the obviouth concluthion. But thereā€™th more to it than that. Donā€™t ever let him think for a thecond that I told you thith, butā€¦ I fear he hath come to love you all. In a very non-reptilian way. And I think that, without having given it conthiouth thought, he wantth to help you all thurvive and prothper. He believeth that the Flatulent Deity should attack the Dethtiny head-on, not jutht becauthe he hateth the very idea of what the I.C.U.P. hath become, but becauthe he feelth that thince the job needth to be done, the Deityā€™s betht deployment would be againtht the Dethtiny. Even though our Deity carrieth merely half the Hit Pointth of the Dethtiny, hath roughly a third the firepower and half the thielding, thethe factorth are balanthed againtht the fact that we have over four timeth the Luck, and fully nine timeth the Grit of the Ranger-Poseur Hawk.

And the Deity ith a pretty dethent bullet-thponge. If we engage the Dethtiny alone, then the Dethtiny cannot attack any of you. And if otherth help uth battle the Dethtiny, we will very likely prevail quite handily.

Either way, the I.C.U.P. will regret thith thortie. And we will light the thkieth like theyā€™ve never been lit before.

Gilligan out.

5 Likes