Bag made with "ethically sourced" human child's spine

It’s not exactly a new concept. We’ve found paleolithic flutes and tools made from human bones. The kapala (skull bowl) and kangling (bone flute) are regularly used in Hindu and Tibetan Buddhist ritual. There are dozens of beautiful ossuaries all across Europe. The Body Worlds exhibit has almost two dozen installations and traveling exhibitions featuring corpses turned into sculpture and teaching displays. There’s literally hundreds of private collections like the Mutter Museum all over the world which include preserved human remains and items made from them.

I’ve even looked into leaving my skull to someone. It’s not exactly legal, which sort of disapoints me- I mean, it’s my skull. I don’t see why I shouldn’t be allowed to say what happens to it.

I do think it’s important where the remains come from, but I can’t help wonder how many people being shocked and offended by this have tourist photos of themselves at Body Worlds, the Mutter, or Paris Catacombs- And why this should be different.

edit: I mean, didn’t we literally JUST cover that?

1 Like