Bake a lot? I love my aluminum pizza peel

I really appreciate bread machines. More harm has been done to the bread community by do-gooders like myself trying to spread the gospel on bread styles noone really likes.

Ironically due to their shape and size, they can do things that many struggle to do in a large expensive oven.

1 Like
2 Likes

You can use a cast iron skillet instead of a stone, but you WILL burn yourself, I guarantee it. Other than that, it works pretty well.

You can use a baking sheet instead of a stone too. Less instant heat transference to the crust and it may rise a bit more than it would on a stone. Be less crispy on the bottom and chewing a few mm up kinda thing.

We have a faux-big-green egg and have discovered the joys of pizza making on it. I used Jamie Oliver’s recipe and froze the extra. That was tasty. I’ve also tried the local supermarket pizza dough + pizza sauce and that was pretty darn good too.

Any ideas for pizza making are appreciated.

Faux Big Green Egg is here - this is by far the best price and their delivery was good. Not usually a fan of Wally World but I had to do it this time.

From the series of cray cray stuff japhroaig has done: I once lined my oven with quartzite. It held temperature great, only cracked once, and I could run the oven on super hot broil (but not Oven Clean) quite well.

After two years it looked like hell though, and my wife made me take it out.

Pizza freaks, unite!

2 Likes

I have a garbage incinerator in my kitchen, that has sat unused for decades, I am keeping solely for the existing chimney/ventilation. If the day ever comes that I decide to remodel my Kitchen Time Machine, and not have it take me to 1985, I will use that chimney/vent to get a pizza oven permitted. As part of spare the air efforts, you can not put in a new chimney or wood burning anything in my county, only existing stuff is allowed to continue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.