Ballroom dancing in a busy NYC crosswalk

[Read the post]

Really only posting this so I have an excuse to watch it again.

4 Likes

Ugh. So annoying. The “look at me look at me look at meeeee!!!” culture at its worst.

1 Like

Not their best or most original idea, but still fun. If you can send one person back to Idaho saying “You’ll never guess what I saw in New York!” then it’s worth it. And if you can get one real New Yorker to dance in the street with you (1:38), mission accomplished!

5 Likes

What a sad little comment.

3 Likes

Similar to posting in the comments section of an online blog/forum, really.

2 Likes

I will readily admit that stuff like this makes me feel really cheerful (whether I want to or not :wink: ). Thumbs up!

4 Likes

Ah, The Fisher King! That scene is one of the most ephemeral and transcendent things ever filmed. Beautiful, and heartbreaking. He may be maddeningly inconsistent, but Terry Gilliam is a very gifted filmmaker.

1 Like

This makes me smile, because I am not dead inside.

1 Like

Not at all similar, actually.

Actually, I think Improv Everywhere has done several very powerful “don’t look at me” events, but nobody knows about them. It’s like the Anthropic Principle, for performance art.

1 Like

Yes, highly underrated movie.

I beg to differ. I only post on these things because I want to be noticed. Same as dancing on a crosswalk.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.