When the lights went out in NYC, Broadway performed impromptu sidewalk shows

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/17/when-the-lights-went-out-in-ny.html

3 Likes

I got my first introduction to Live Musical theater as a 19 yo busboy in a restaurant full of singing waiters and waitresses. The after work parties with a piano were awesome.
Flash forward about 40 years and I still love it when I get a chance to work with and watch these performers do impromptu goofs. These clips brought me back to that feeling

13 Likes

Dang. Billy was only 2 years off.

5 Likes

In an era of unnatural darkness in our nation the people still got light in them. Long live the people of the United States

6 Likes

This is almost perfectly awesome.

You know what would have made it %100 awesome? Not having to look past hundreds of people holding up their phones.

Enjoy the moment. Enjoy the experience. Keep the story to tell your friends when you see them next outside of social media.

5 Likes

Eh, we’re evolving. Of course, evolution in no way implies ‘moving forwards’ or ‘towards perfection’. This is precisely where Michael Behe’s argument for intelligent design fails.

2 Likes

But, if they hadn’t recorded it, then we wouldn’t have been able to see it :smiley:

3 Likes

Touche. But if the people actually present put their phones down, they might have actually been able to see it instead of just recording it.

1 Like

No surprise that André de Shields is as legendary as ever.
If you get the chance, see Hadestown while he and Patrick Page are in it. It’s extraordinary.

tumblr_lr1fsdZ7sq1qdqf08o3_250

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.