Baltimore mayor 'may have fled' Maryland after FBI-IRS raid

I was thinking of this song before I reached your comment. After reading it, I just had to post it.

2 Likes

I have to imagine that it’s a pretty terrible plan for most: if you really are set to disappear into a new identity with no connection to your past life or spend forever avoiding jurisdictions that cooperate with the Americans then not entering custody is a sound start.

If you aren’t, though(and neither option is necessarily as easy or glamorous as media depictions would have it); you’ve certainly toasted any chance that the feds will be in a forgiving mood when they do catch up with you. And for offenses that can probably be treated as relatively weaksauce white collar crime or enhancement-stacked into fairly terrifying sentences that’s an abjectly terrible idea.

1 Like

Did they check the Mind Garden?

They can always try this…

8 Likes

Have they checked with John Waters? He might find her a hoot.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Please take this story down, it’s in the parlance of our time, “Fake News”

6 Likes

I’m sure she’s just walking the Appalachian trail.

3 Likes

So inspiring to see a strong, black woman win a mayoral election in the defiance of bigotry and sexism…then turn out to be just as crooked and dishonest as the rest of them.
SEND THIS WOMAN TO CONGRESS.

2 Likes

Not to mention that

links to a Twitter account named “hotairblog,” and that

yields the following text:

An earlier report said she may have been trying to get out of town, but attorney Steve Silverman spoke to WJZ outside her home Thursday and said the mayor is physically ill and emotionally saddened.

But who knows. One thing’s for sure, all of city council is calling for her resignation!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.