Baltimore mayor 'may have fled' Maryland after FBI-IRS raid

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/25/baltimore-mayor-may-have-fle.html

Where Is Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh?

2 Likes

New book coming ‘Healthy Holly Cooking In Rio’

24 Likes

She’s just taking a vacation. It’s a co-incidence, just like the fires in this case:

27 Likes

This is a Netflix TV series, right?

20 Likes

So now when is the FBI going to raid Anna Dewdney’s house to seize those criminally phoned-in cash-grab Llama Llama sequels she pooped out after the (much deserved) success of the original? And don’t even get me started on that saccharine-ass animated series. Stop, Jennifer Garner. Stop. Think of the children. (My wife wishes I were being /s)

4 Likes

Oh you know, she just felt the need to seek out warmer climates while she’s convalescing, right?

Just felt the need for a bit of a change of scene.

I hear countries without extradition agreements are beautiful at this time of year.

8 Likes

She’s having a bad couple of weeks…

Get the feeling that the system’s coming to get her no?

7 Likes

Run Healthy Holly, RUN!

19 Likes

Is fleeing the state really going to help if it is the IRS and FBI? I can see fleeing the country or fleeing the state if it was a state agency that was after you. Maybe her next book will be on best methods for making sure poor Holly is in a different jurisdiction.

6 Likes

Well, if it’s an FBI-IRS rap, leaving Maryland is going to do her no good at all. Except for not being in Maryland anymore, I guess; there is that.

12 Likes

17 Likes

This new reboot of The Wire is just starting to get ridiculous.

20 Likes

Craziest part about Baltimore is this: after running away screaming 2 years ago, I missed it so much I moved back and it’s fucking amazing. So much going on everywhere, every bit of food is tasty, music is great, people are friendly. It’s also physically the most beautiful city I’ve ever lived in.*

*extensive white privilege speaking but still.

13 Likes

Cathy Pugh, latest standard bearer in a line running through Marvin Mandel, Walter Orlinsky, Spiro Agnew, and Shiela Dixon.

1 Like

I’m confused. Which season of The Wire is this? Did it come to Netflix recently?

5 Likes

The reviews of her books on Amazon are pretty priceless.

26 Likes

Well, you know what they say, “You’ll never be a successful politician if you don’t run.”

18 Likes

Land of the Lost is the greatest science fiction show in the history of television. Off topic? Yes. I don’t care.

8 Likes

it’s clear i’m not keeping up with general news out of Baltimore lately. this came out of nowhere for me – wtf is going on in baltimore that this is a thing that’s happening?

5 Likes

Standard corruption using book purchases as the means of cash transfer rather than the tried and true hiring a relative at an inflated salary.

15 Likes