Banksy left a pro-mask message in London train car

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/15/banksy-left-a-pro-mask-message.html

9 Likes

Showing that picture on the internet is interfering with my FREEDOM!

10 Likes

18 Likes

Must be annoying for all other street artists knowing the police would be after them if they did this but not Banksy.

4 Likes

And Colston is replaced in Bristol

8 Likes

Which makes me believe Banksy is just a “trade name” for artists who like pranks but don’t like getting caught. Like the “Dread Pirate Roberts” of guerrilla art.

6 Likes

So which Banksy controls Pest Control?

2 Likes

Mind the gap.

2 Likes

i don’t see why they would wipe the car clean and get rid of the art, when it’s (1) proven that it’s instantly worth a lot of money and (2) much easier to just remove the car from service and put it in storage until they can properly display or sell it.

7 Likes

Maybe because some enterprising person with a Dremel or tin snips would try to remove it themselves.

3 Likes

Underground trains are not off the shelf products.The car is part of a unit of seven cars semi-permanently coupled together. The entire train would have to be taken out of service until a replacement car was built as a massively expensive one-off order.

5 Likes

ahhh, there’s the rub. too bad for them.

1 Like

Shiny

You know those tube trolleys build up heat underground? Persistent heat.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.