Banned from Twitter, accounts tracking the private jet travel of the wealthy, including Elon Musk, move to Threads

Originally published at: Banned from Twitter, accounts tracking the private jet travel of the wealthy, including Elon Musk, move to Threads | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I was surprised to see the jet is blocked on the flightaware app. If he were to fly within about 50 NMi of me I would probably pick him up on my ADSB receiver though.

3 Likes

Also on Mastodon:

11 Likes

Not so much. He’s mainly getting his data from OpenSky, which is a private non-profit, which in turn gets their data from volunteers with simple receivers around the world to catch the public transmissions from aircraft. (A Pi-equiv with an SDR and basic antenna would work fine.)

Previously it was ADSBexchange, but someone made the owner an offer he couldn’t refuse and he sold out. The volunteers moved elsewhere.

6 Likes

Yeah, really weird the way this post is phrased. That account has been online on maston for the last year. Is this author just that ignorant of mastodon? Or actively hostile?

2 Likes

That URL, that means a web browser can see threads, and my browser did, but now my browser does not. Did zuck turn off web access to threads altogether, or has this account just vanished?

… why would anybody want to hurt little Elmo :thinking:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.