Bannon: Trump Jr and Kushner meeting with Russians was "treasonous"

At this point, I honestly think the strategy is to be as blatant as possible about their crimes so that they can show everyone that nothing will happen to them and prove how powerless the country is to stop them. We’ll see whether it will work or not.

4 Likes

Maybe I’m misreading what he wrote but did he just admit that Breitbart is less legitimate than other news outlets?

3 Likes

Saturn rising?

7 Likes

10 Likes

The fact that Steve Bannon got sued for his threats of violence on the Biosphere 2 project should’ve put to bed the idea that he’s smart in terms of strategy (among other things…). I don’t get why people think one big success equals some kind of competence. It’s blind luck that he found that Trump was willing to run on resentment politics in a time when it would stick.

10 Likes

They accidentally won. I think there’s a strong argument that’s been made that everyone in the Trump admin not only didn’t expect to win (that much really isn’t debatable, given how utterly unprepared they were for the win), they didn’t want to win, either. They all would have been in much better positions had they lost - Trump would have been a victim of “crooked Hillary” and made money as a political opiner with his planned media outlet and reactionary lifestyle brand (his current golf course membership fee grifts are penny ante), Bannon would have been the head of a new Tea Party, propelled forward by the campaign but unfettered by having to deal with Trump in office. Flynn would have gotten away with selling out to the Russians (someone pointed out the money he had received for Russian speeches was a problem, but he dismissed it, saying it only would be a problem if they won the election), Ivanka and Jared could have continued to pretend to be the voices of reason…

10 Likes

It’s gone all meta.

7 Likes

How many FBI agents have been or are going to a Holiday Inn in Manchester, NH?

“Bannon went on, Wolff writes, to say that if any such meeting had to take place, it should have been set up ‘in a Holiday Inn in Manchester, New Hampshire, with your lawyers who meet with these people’…”

1 Like

Cue conspiracy theory that Bannon told Trump to say that!

5 Likes

Say what you will about Bannon, but he’s capable of some extreme yoga positions, at least according to Anthony Scaramucci.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t it be nice if people had to posit a conspiracy hypothesis first?

2 Likes

This is all noise. Noise sells books.

Until the FBI acts on any of these so-called revelations it’s just noise that smells like bullshit.

Anybody know what kind of advance Wolff received?

1 Like

Exactly. I don’t know why anybody would think that Bannon is telling the truth now. He’s built an empire on lies.

5 Likes

It’s an arms race. Most of the money each side spends has the effect of undoing the effects of the money the other side spends. It could have been $20B spent, and the total number of totals wouldn’t change much, and one of the same two people would have won. The absolute amount is irrelevant, as long as both sides spend roughly comparable amounts.

@anon50609448’s reply is right: the end results were incredibly close. If you don’t call that a lucky draw, I’m not sure what could be. Keep in mind that the outcome of a card draw is also determined in the trivial sense long before the card is dealt - but the whole game is that the dealer and players don’t know the deck order.

2 Likes

Or Armando Iannucci. :wink:

1 Like

Exactly.

It’s a big self suck fest. Next up: Omarosa

10 Likes

He already is. He registered right after he won – meaning orgs have to be extra-careful how they criticise him, because of the rules surrounding treatment of political candidates.

This. People talking about 3D chess are missing the fact that the game is three-card-monte and the crowd has been seeded with pickpockets. And the gang are ready to go to extremes you wouldn’t think of.

That’s why a) the people need to stand up and not count on b) the organized crime task force, who are the only ones with a shot at nailing any of this crew on anything.

9 Likes

Reminder:
ERD Bass

Trump is a billionaire, real estate mogul, reality tv star, went to military academy at 13 and was a star athlete(really?) and student (really??), is President and launching the biggest tax grab maybe the planet has ever seen.
Bannon has degrees from VA Tech (student government president), Harvard, and Georgetown. Served in the Navy’s Pacific fleet and the pentagon, then went on to investment banking, entertainment, gaming, created a news organization, etc etc until finally a job was created for him in the white house.

Pretty impressive resumes if you are into those sorts of things.

But apparently these guys are idiots, didn’t want to win, and won by luck? This is simple minded reasoning and underestimating. They spent a lot of money, had the right people in the right places, dodged scandal after scandal, and delivered an improbable upset to an unsuspecting nation.

While we stand around feeling better about Trump being an ass, he is vandalizing the last shred of democracy this country had left and could potentially usher in a new era of bad.

bannon registered for 2020? what did he win? i think you thought i meant trump.