Q: “Was Jesus effeminate?”

A: “Yes”

12 Likes

41 posts were split to a new topic: Leaders and religion

tumblr_p1l03vcqHW1vbrr31o1_400

20 Likes

Sister Mary Ignatius Explains it all for You
(link added)

OMG, thank you for that reference! Off my radar, but now firmly on. Also: I love the cognitive dissonance of toxic-masculinity hulk Jesus smashing the cross. That would be quite the alternative interpretation of Calvary indeed. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I toyed with becoming christian a few years ago. I really put a lot of thought into it being a real thing.

But in the end it seemed like a system for controlling slaves and nothing more. Out of all the worlds’ religions I think Zoroastrianism is the most interesting and appealing to me, but that doesnt mean im going to start worshipping fire and going to weird temples.

5 Likes

While I was raised extremely christian (lutheran), I’ve always been grateful that it was strictly personal, not political. In 18 years, abortion was brought up in our household only once (“wrong, but that’s between a woman and god”, and it was never mentioned again), and never in church. I can only say one election that my dad said who he was voting for (and my mom never); they considered that an extremely private matter. They subscribed to the concept that mixing politics and religion sullied religion without ennobling politics. Sermons in church were always about relating personal anecdotes to the bible and god, or something biblically esoteric. Judging wasn’t the emphasis, what I recall most was:

and

[quote]We will work with each other, we will work side by side
We will work with each other, we will work side by side
And we’ll guard each one’s dignity and save each one’s pride
And they’ll know we are Christians by our love, by our love
They will know we are Christians by our love[/quote]

and

15 Likes

They would probably dismiss it for being catholic and too “cult of the saints” to be truly christian, but I think evangelicals would do well to watch this fantastic movie. At least the first 10 minutes, which illustrate the logical conclusion of christian teaching:

5 Likes

Amen.  

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that and it sucks - but if that person had been black or gay or a woman, would you say that entire group is responsible? I’d assume not. That’s not the entire story of Christians in the world. You’re not holding them all to the same standard, you’re holding them all to the same account for what someone else did to you. I’m unsure how that’s fair. Religion is like any other political tool - it can be used for good or ill, for suppression or freedom.

11 Likes

did a bunch of posts just disappear?

they got moved to a new thread, as they were something of a derail from the topic.

8 Likes

“Crucify him!!”

3 Likes

I’ve said my piece, and since apparently several of my earlier posts were “in violation of community standards”, and deleted, I’ll bow to the community and bow out of this conversation. Toodles!

is it Peace or Piece?

1 Like

If you ever get the chance, visit the campus of Pensacola Christian College in Florida. Try to go on a Wednesday or Saturday (Sundays are show day).

I spent two years there in the late 80s.

They teach Christians are IN the world, not OF it. And shake the dust off your feet when you turn your back on those who reject the Gospel of Christ.

I’m wondering if PCC publicly supports or comdemns DJT. They sure as shit comdemn everything & everyone else. Hang on, brb.

2 Likes

may not be as quick a Google as i expected. Like a lot else at PCC, contradictory and vexing. To be continued on my own time. Thx for provoking thought, Boing Boing, as always.

Relevant to this post cuz PCC epitomizes evangelical Christianity with focus on domestic AND foreign missions. PCC also publishes & produces the nation’s largest Christian/home schooling text book line. I really wanna know their Trump stance.

4 Likes

The Evangelicals’ Jesus is satanic…

So…he’s admitting that there’s more than one Jesus?

I think I see the problem, here.

People forget: the reason the Israelites needed a first commandment was because there were other gods. “Do we want to go with the god whose idols are also ovens for roasting children? Or maybe the one who controls the weather, he seems pretty on the ball. Or what about the god who does that thing with the grain every year? Probably not the bull god, though, those people are just weird.”

Anyway: no, they haven’t killed Christianity in America. Their Jesus is winning, that’s all.

As for me, I worship at the the church of the One True Scotsman.

10 Likes

yea verily! you tell 'em!

1 Like

obligatory…

alt%20Jesus

30 Likes