Baptist News: Evangelicals have killed Christianity in America

they got moved to a new thread, as they were something of a derail from the topic.

8 Likes

“Crucify him!!”

3 Likes

I’ve said my piece, and since apparently several of my earlier posts were “in violation of community standards”, and deleted, I’ll bow to the community and bow out of this conversation. Toodles!

is it Peace or Piece?

1 Like

If you ever get the chance, visit the campus of Pensacola Christian College in Florida. Try to go on a Wednesday or Saturday (Sundays are show day).

I spent two years there in the late 80s.

They teach Christians are IN the world, not OF it. And shake the dust off your feet when you turn your back on those who reject the Gospel of Christ.

I’m wondering if PCC publicly supports or comdemns DJT. They sure as shit comdemn everything & everyone else. Hang on, brb.

2 Likes

may not be as quick a Google as i expected. Like a lot else at PCC, contradictory and vexing. To be continued on my own time. Thx for provoking thought, Boing Boing, as always.

Relevant to this post cuz PCC epitomizes evangelical Christianity with focus on domestic AND foreign missions. PCC also publishes & produces the nation’s largest Christian/home schooling text book line. I really wanna know their Trump stance.

4 Likes

The Evangelicals’ Jesus is satanic…

So…he’s admitting that there’s more than one Jesus?

I think I see the problem, here.

People forget: the reason the Israelites needed a first commandment was because there were other gods. “Do we want to go with the god whose idols are also ovens for roasting children? Or maybe the one who controls the weather, he seems pretty on the ball. Or what about the god who does that thing with the grain every year? Probably not the bull god, though, those people are just weird.”

Anyway: no, they haven’t killed Christianity in America. Their Jesus is winning, that’s all.

As for me, I worship at the the church of the One True Scotsman.

10 Likes

yea verily! you tell 'em!

1 Like

obligatory…

alt%20Jesus

30 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: America’s conservative Evangelical leadership are intellectually, ethically and morally bankrupt. They’re a pox on the body politic.

15 Likes

Some of them straight up dissapeared…

2 Likes

This guy must not be Southern Baptist, but it is nice to see some Christians calling out their brothers for not following Christ’s actual teachings. More of the Beatitudes, and less Leviticus.

7 Likes
3 Likes

Boy, I sure hope he pulled his feet loose first.

Otherwise this is about to get very, very comical. (-:

6 Likes

One should always look on the bright side of life.

11 Likes

Keep on the sunnyside, right

1 Like

Korean Jesus needs a concrete cross to contain those abs.

9 Likes

If you reslly want to understand this --not just to ignorantly ridicule but effectively skewer-- please read this. thank you

4 Likes

Relevant things to keep in mind…

1. Right wing White American Evangelical Christianity began as a White supremacist movement. Abortion was a later addition, and faith was always an excuse.

1. White American Christianity is very different from Black American Christianity. Fred Phelps is not representative of MLK’s church.
12 Likes

The very last message Samantha has is that the Bible never mentions abortion.

In fact it does. In Deuteronomy there is the Ordeal of the Bitter Water:

Basically, if a man suspects that his wife hasn’t been faithful to him, he can have the priest force-feed her poison to cause a miscarriage.

The bible, if anything, encourages abortion for the simple reason of a man’s insecurity.

19 Likes