Barney, purple dinosaur of 90s vintage, to return in CGI reboot

Originally published at: Barney, purple dinosaur of 90s vintage, to return in CGI reboot | Boing Boing

2 Likes

bzzzzt! Barney h’ain’t got no diastoma. next!

“hell, if cashing in on nostaglia is the goal…”

6 Likes

I remember alt.barney.dinosaur.die.die.die on Usenet back in the day…

8 Likes

This is one example of childhood that was pre-ruined.

Now I’m dreading the cgi reboot of Caillou.

7 Likes

I could at the very least tolerate most of the shows my kids watched, and actually enjoyed some of them.

Caillou is not on either of those lists.

4 Likes

[whines] But whyyyy joed?

[slams hand in drawer for penance]

4 Likes

Holy crap, someone finally let a character designer near Barney.

Question is, will it break the inexplicable allure Barney held over tots when he was a shambling, lisping piece of outsider art?

2 Likes

2 Likes

:musical_note:I hate you, you hate me, let’s hang barney from a tree

2 Likes

I made sure my kid never watched Barney so I didn’t have to endure that show. Sorry. I general I like kids shows, but that one was super annoying. YMMV.

That said, nothing wrong with the character, a reboot could be fine!

I didn’t believe they could make Barney creepier.

2 Likes

Is this strictly necessary?

1 Like
2 Likes

Yet another tiresome re-do/reboot/redux that nobody…nobody… asked for.

It’s about time that viewers as a whole pushed back on this nonsense and make sure stuff like this hemorrhages money, every time. Escaping the cultural neo-malaise should be a priority. It just makes everything else we’ve been enduring that much worse - the insult to the injury.

3 Likes

He does look better even if the color combo is still awful. Thankfully I don’t have kids so I don’t have to worry about a little one getting hooked on it and having to watch it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.