Barstool Sports' president posts illegal termination threat against employees considering unionization

I’ve never heard of bar stool sports. Is it a sports bar? I don’t want to go to their site, or twit accounts because I’ve always been against frat boy/bro culture. One last comment: stool presidente, ie, shit president, is appropriate. Bro.

2 Likes

Silly wealthy owner man. He was supposed to wait for Trump’s second term before openly attempting to union bust. Didn’t he get the “millionaire’s memo?”

3 Likes

So Portnoy’s Complaint was actually complaining about labor unions?

6 Likes

Only from the “Trump’s 'grab ‘em by the p***y’ comment is just boy talk” crowd.

1 Like

For everybody who cites Rand’s writings as proof of anything, remember that it is far easier to make a world-view work in a fictional environment than it is in the real world. To the best of may knowledge every attempt to operate a business or a society under Randian principles has ultimately ended up crashing and burning.

4 Likes

That’s the first thing that struck me as well, right after the depth of stupidity of the tweet itself, of course.

1 Like

Hell, this is so much worse than just bringing bad attention to himself. He just blatantly committed a crime in public, one that would normally be hard to prove.

6 Likes

Also known as ‘dry snitching’… on oneself.

But the idiot put his effort to silence someone else on the internet, and it had the exact opposite effect, so it still counts as a Streisand, in my book.

5 Likes

Oh, it is facial hair. The tiny version on my phone for the Twitter made it look like face tattoos.

Oh yeah, that’s true - he certainly followed up his crime announcement with a Streisand effect, by demanding AOC debate him. (I don’t think he understands how this works…)

3 Likes

What?

3 Likes

ETA: Judging from her past debates, she’d probably shred him if he bothered to show up.

3 Likes

Exactly. “Debate me!” seems to be the conservative sad boi* response to AOC, now, thanks to sad-sack Ben Shapiro. (A man who once insisted that climate change wasn’t a big deal for coastal homeowners because, after their houses were literally underwater, they could just “sell them.” Yeah, I don’t know why anyone would take him seriously enough to debate him.)

*Or, as some are calling it, “the feral dweeb community.”

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.