Waitress swiftly and gloriously takes down a dude who groped her

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/19/waitress-swiftly-and-gloriousl.html

13 Likes

17 Likes

19 Likes

Positive punishment, FR1 schedule, low latency. That’s goddamn right.

13 Likes

That was a fine take down.

12 Likes

I used to eat at that pizza place all the time. Well done.

11 Likes

There was a time not long ago when I would have thought “what kind of lowlife no-life loser gropes a strange woman like that?” I long for those days.

19 Likes

And for the next couple of years, he’s going to be That Guy.

Never be That Guy.

3 Likes

This woman deserves praise but given her expressed desire for people to not tag her by name, which is clearly quoted in the article, why doesn’t Boing Boing respect her wishes and just refer to her as a “21 year old college student/waitress” rather than posting her full name?

15 Likes

Been seeing this a lot for a couple of days; I often advocate this kind of personal direct action (although I can’t get away with it on BB) so people have been sending me links.

Anyway, thank you, Rusty, for pointing out that she’d rather not have her name and personal details spread any further. Kind of wish you’d not done it yourself, though.

EDIT: Otherbrother beat me to the mouse.

2 Likes

Insert comment about Trump saying to “Grab em by the pussy” here

1 Like

Funny thing is, he’s probably no more likely a Trump supporter than a Hillary supporter.

This kind of behavior spans the political spectrum.

15 Likes

As a father of a daughter, this makes me proud to think that her parents may have helped her be the strong and independent young woman she clearly is.
I know my daughter is too.
Cheers!

4 Likes

You made me wonder how many decades ago I realized anyone was capable of that behavior.

10 Likes

With respect, Medievalist and Otherbrother, I don’t think she was saying that she doesn’t want her name and details spread.

What she posted on facebook was

I’d also appreciate it if people would stop tagging me in the video. I know what happened, I was there.

I take that to mean that she doesn’t need to be made aware of it every time someone shares the video on social media.

(And presumably she gave her consent for Inside Edition to use her full name and show her full face in the interview she gave.)

4 Likes

Well, if I was a bookie I’d also factor in his home town

Ryan Cherwinski of Palm Bay, Florida

9 Likes

Nobody but nobody grab-asses Lara Croft, Tomb Raider!

6 Likes

What a scumbag. I bet he thinks he didn’t do anything wrong. I’m glad she took him down and told him off, but is there any way someone can follow him around with a bell yelling “shame” at him?

4 Likes

I have to:

Hadouken!

Good for her.

5 Likes