Area woman has black husband

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/23/area-woman-has-black-husband.html

5 Likes

Don’t really have the emotional space right now to deal with watching these kinds of vids so pardon me for skipping it. That said as far as road rage goes i really don’t understand how some people lose all control of themselves, seriously people have died because of road raging assholes and i’ve also had family members that were chased by angry drivers. Really can’t wait until people are no longer allowed to drive.

18 Likes

The road rage is kinda beside the point. Assuming she did, what makes her a Karen is calling someone the N-word while doing it. Racist slurs are a symptom of neither mental illness nor road rage.

36 Likes

*sighs

49 Likes

Good lord. If your THAT freaked out by someone holding you to account for your behavior, maybe it’s time to re-examine your behavior.

30 Likes

Now I’m wondering how many police officers have something in common with this woman… :thinking:

33 Likes

I’m grateful for his sake that a cop didn’t show up and draw their predictably wrong conclusion.

11 Likes

What are you doing?
This man is trying to set an internet mob on her, for bad driving.
She’s clearly terrified of her life being ruined.
Spreading this isn’t progressive at all.

15 Likes

Glad to see your comment. I thought the same.

I don’t follow everyone who cuts me up and makes a rude hand gesture in the heat of driving (it rarely happens anyway). This woman is hysterical because she just wants to get into her apartment but a man is preventing her from doing this. She also probably doesn’t want to become the meme of the day. Mentally ill??? Seriously @beschizza??

13 Likes

Easy to snipe and attack from a safe distance, but when unanticipated consequences are added the whole charade falls apart.

Reminds me of the Georgia kids’ tear filled sentencing for harrassing a black birthday party.

These videos feel like watching a sub conscious blinder being ripped off and the reality burns through like a spot light.

2 Likes

to that point…when someone cuts you off, flips you off, screams from their car, whatever…be happy no accident happened and move on with your day. What she supposedly did to him isn’t right; but is what he doing right? not really.

15 Likes

Popcorn gif

1 Like

He wasn’t right for following her IMO, (that’s escalating and it rarely works out to a Black person’s advantage to escalate any confrontation.) At the same time, what the woman was doing could get the Black man in question assaulted or killed.

I personally don’t approve of the assumption that she “must be mentally ill” as most bigots aren’t ‘crazy’ - they’re just hateful assholes.

And if the woman in question followed him first calling the man filming a “n*gger”, then in my book she’s a racist asshole.

Her apparent hysterics after the fact (when she’s the person who instigated the whole altercation) make it seem like she’s weaponizing her White privilege… and so many Black people like myself are simply not here for that shit.

43 Likes

Oh no… the cops might come and help her… /s

:roll_eyes:

20 Likes

I suspect this happens to him enough as a Black man that he was tired of it.

11th-doc-this|nullxnull

23 Likes

This sort of post is why social media will eventually be outlawed… and for the better.

3 Likes

Yep; like I said, what he did wasn’t wise just from a self preservation perspective - it could easily have gone awry.

That said, I fully understand the man’s frustration; as Black folks, we’re constantly expected to “just suck it up” and suffer every indignity and instance of abuse in passive silence, to just let it slide…

Fuck that noise.

36 Likes

Right? If a white dude with a Trump flag hanging out the back rolling coal had gotten flipped off, then they’d make a whole movie glorifying his reaction to it…

:roll_eyes:

15 Likes

Looks like Seattle. Plenty of bad driving doesn’t reach this point. I think it was the side of toxic racism that caused the blowback. You might want to check recent history to see whether this kind of thing is expected when someone is overtly racist…

21 Likes

But… it’s a white lady… crying… /s

19 Likes