Racist Karen harasses Black man for standing in front of his own house (video)

Originally published at: Racist Karen harasses Black man for standing in front of his own house (video) | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Pills? Booze?

ETA: one of the first comments in the Twitter thread suggests, why not both?

13 Likes

Snl Racism GIF by MacGruber

I hope he left her out there to figure out how to escape on her own.

38 Likes

Racism, likely further emboldened by some form of inebriation.

39 Likes

Think how much this shit happened before everyone had cellphone cameras to record it…

52 Likes

The omnipresence of cell phone cameras does not appear to dissuade too many Karens and Darrens. I humbly suggest these racists believe white privilege will shield them from the consequences of their shitty, anti-social behavior.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

34 Likes

Yes, sorry I thought that part went without saying. It’s the bizarrely flat affect I was trying to figure out.

5 Likes

He handled himself so coolly, but the second time she asked him what he was doing I was so hoping he’d answer, “I’m filming a racist white lady harassing me outside my home.”

Christ, what an asshole.

38 Likes

Tone It Down Too Much GIF by Hairspray Live!

23 Likes

Sadly for far too many people, it does not.

Fish don’t understand ‘water,’ they say…

29 Likes

That’s the, “just finished 3 boxes of wine” posture. I know it anywhere. Kroger must have had a sale.

10 Likes

Being high or drunk as fuck amplifies the racism that is already there.

20 Likes

In vino veritas Alcohol does not make people assholes, it reveals their asshole nature.

33 Likes

Might be kind of irksome at some point, like the annoyance of having a fly stuck trying to get through a closed window. “Just going to grab a newspaper to wave at the racist drunk to shoo her out through the open gate…”

The thing is, it almost certainly has dissuaded some of them (the smarter, more sober and camera-shy ones, anyways), and we’re still overwhelmed with these videos. I think the real impact is with types of harassment where the harassers know they’re in the wrong or are doing something that won’t look good - they actually get dissuaded by cameras. So what we end up with is people who think, “Oh, you’re recording me - well good, because I’m in the right!”

12 Likes

It truly is a helluva drug.

7 Likes

I was hoping to see her try to climb the fence and land on her racist butt.

6 Likes

Think about how much goes on that still doesn’t get recorded.

images

39 Likes

Or stuff that is less overt.

5 Likes

If she can’t even get out of the gate, there’s no way she’s from that HOA. I thought HOA’s were militant about things like trespassing. A mug shot would be a nice follow-up.

17 Likes

Tired Fox Tv GIF by Kicking & Screaming

14 Likes