Woman tries out for title of Worst Karen on the planet

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/23/woman-tries-out-for-title-of-w.html

17 Likes

Ho-lee shit. Where to begin.

How can we fast-track the nomination process here?

52 Likes

How can we fast-track the eviction process?

49 Likes

His patience was amazing. If he was delivering to me, I would’ve given him an extra $20 for combat pay.

67 Likes

Think i’ll skip watching the vid, my day is already stressful but i’ll take your word that this isn’t actually a lady but a pile of garbage masquerading as a person.

63 Likes

The superhuman patience on display here by the delivery driver is truly humbling. I could not have comported myself with such dignity and poise.

46 Likes

Unfortunately for a young black man that kind of stoicism is a basic survival skill in this country. If he’d reacted with the kind of righteous anger one might expect he could be shot dead before he ever got a chance to share the video.

77 Likes

I get that. And $20 tip is too little.

That’s why it’s incumbent upon me to make such a neighbor super uncomfortable. Perhaps opening the door for him but telling her that she needs to use her key to enter? After all, I have no idea who she is.

All I can say is that she made me furious while watching the video, so I hope that I would’ve treated her in a similarly appropriate manner.

28 Likes

She has a son his age who is badly in need of more therapy if they are still talking to each other.

13 Likes

man, i would’ve told her to to get the building manager, then. that was completely ridiculous. i don’t blame him for ending up just being amused by it, because what else can you do? i wish she would’ve just shut up for a second while he was trying to talk to the person who he was delivering to. man!

16 Likes

Look, look. Maybe there’s some way I can make it up to you…

4 Likes

I had a similar person in a building where I rented. It was an apartment building but had been converted to condos. Apparently she had inherited one and she (…you guessed it!..) was an active participant in the HOA. Not saying I experienced anything to do with race or that she was racist, but my unit’s owner gave me a solid heads up that she was trouble, and I gave minimally worded answers to any of her questions for the year and a half I was there.

18 Likes

I’m appalled that this evil creature reproduced.

4 Likes

I got about halfway through before I just couldn’t any more.

16 Likes

I can’t with yet another Karen right now; will watch later.

30 Likes

So much this. She kept using the keypad (and it seemed like the system wasn’t responding to what she was entering). She told him that her name had been removed from the directory, too. I’m not sure she lived there at all, so there’s no way I would’ve let her in the door - especially after the way she’d behaved.

36 Likes

Full stop:

RACISM IS NOT A MENTAL ILLNESS; IT IS TAUGHT AND LEARNED.

51 Likes

Also maskless. Both the delivery guy and the person opening the door wore masks.

22 Likes

21 Likes

Agreed, I would also add

Unlike mental illness, a person can CHOOSE to refrain from racist words and actions.

Continuing to equate racism with mental illness is demeaning to those who have mental illness because, among other things, it suggests that people with mental illness just need to choose to stop being so sick.

A person so inclined can commit themselves to “unlearning” racism even if they were raised by neo-confederates and grew up to get swastikas tattooed all over their body. They can’t simply choose to “unlearn” bipolar disorder or schizophrenia without medical help.

39 Likes