Batman logos throughout the decades — which is your favorite?

5 Likes

Well, Batman doesn’t exist in an official capacity.

Bruce Wayne does. I’m sure he pays taxes.

9 Likes

To the Cayman islands maybe…

3 Likes
5 Likes

It just occurred to me that from a branding perspective Batman is kind of like the Pepsi to Superman’s Coca-Cola.

Both have gone through some logo changes over the decades but the first one on the scene has mostly gone with relatively minor tweaks while the one living in his shadow has been all over the place.

gbu-coke-pepsi

4 Likes

The mid-1960s high-vis yellow logos are clearly the best for Batman to avoid being hit by traffic at night.

Also: correct answer is whatever Adam West wore.

6 Likes

I’ll go w/ 1940 and 1960 and agree that all the movie ones are horrible.

Oh, i dunno, i rather like the utilitarian nature of it since it appears to be a gadget embedded in the chest plate. Much like Catwoman’s goggles in Nolan’s Dark Knight which give her the cat ears look when she flips them up onto her head. The functional aesthetic i find appealing.

5 Likes

In this case the “utilitarian” appears to be “literally just a couple of utility knives.”

utility-knives

4 Likes

I now vaguely remember reading about this, back in the mists of early 2020.

2 Likes

I was kind of hoping it was just a hint that Batman will spend a lot of time opening boxes in this movie. Joker’s Jack-in-the-Boxes, Riddler clues, Gift Bouquets from Poison Ivy, crimefighting gadgets from Amazon Prime, that kind of thing.

5 Likes

I’d like to be surprised so i’m on board with that, rather than what it looks like we’re getting based on the trailer which is a fresh Bats working through his demons by taking it out on low wage goons. sigh

Let me put this up again because why not…

4 Likes

But he is broke…

2 Likes

They all look serviceable, although a future Batman could make a statement with the first little guy below (sleeper Batman causes enemies to make mistakes) while the second one forcefully proclaims ‘I am a BATman’:

4 Likes

Isn’t any bat symbol kind of a cringe? I mean, Batman is supposed to be a frightening creature of the night, like an avenging phantom, but he has his own logo?

1 Like
3 Likes

Why not? Having a logo doesn’t make scary people less scary. The Third Reich had a logo. So did the Zodiac Killer.

4 Likes

No question, it’s 1966. I was 9 that year and my best friend Jimmy and I got into a fist fight over who would win their own fight - Batman or the Green Hornet. Jimmy gave me a bloody nose but I still say it would be Batman.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.