Watch a deleted scene from The Batman featuring the Joker

Originally published at: Watch a deleted scene from The Batman featuring the Joker | Boing Boing

1 Like

Just great. Another Batman movie I’m going to need subtitles to help me understand what folks are saying.

9 Likes

Seriously. “Closed captions not available” on this video. What gives, [current holder of Batman film options]???

4 Likes

You know what you look like to me, with your pointy ears and your pleather cape? You look like a rube.

6 Likes

I can see why they cut this scene. I can also see why I’m not going to go watch the film.

4 Likes

There’s a weird trend where each subsequent Joker seems to be making less and less effort to make himself look presentable. You know that Cesar Romero made sure that purple suit of his was neatly pressed before he’d go out to commit a crime spree. Today’s clowns don’t even have lapels to affix an acid-shooting flower to.

18 Likes

There’s been a recent decline in Batmobile upkeep as well. You just know that Bruce has Alfred dry this beauty with a chamois and apply two coats of wax:

The new guy can’t even be bothered to get color-matched body panels, let alone the red pinstriping:

14 Likes

Batman and Mad Max are converging…

8 Likes

I knew I wasn’t going to watch the new Batman movie when I learned that they changed the riddler from a guy in an impeccable three-piece suit and bowler hat to a slouching hobo in an ill-fitting gimp mask and a jacket seemingly inspired by Melania Trump’s “I don’t care” statement.

riddler-1966

11 Likes

I liked the movie a lot, but I struggle with the choice of keeping the Joker out of focus for a full 5 minutes. Sure, it’s good makeup and the reveal is powerful, but now I have a headache.

3 Likes

funny_picdump_640_high_14-1

11 Likes

The new Riddler outfit was meant to evoke the historical Zodiac Killer costume

3 Likes

The last DC character to try to convincingly cover up their moustache was Cavill’s Superman, and he just left that to some kid pissing around on a computer. Where’s the commitment to the persona, I ask ya? What happened to the love of the craft?

2 Likes

I can see why they cut out this scene. Who wants to read all those posts about Silence of the Bats?

3 Likes

Awaiting research on the worrisome prevalence of macular degeneration in Gotham

3 Likes

Gawd. The more I see about this movie the less I want to see the movie itself.

1 Like

Oh, if you enjoy seeing scenes they should have cut, you’ll love the movie.

Don’t forget your Depends though.

(I actually liked the movie more than I expected, I just didn’t see why there needed to be a whole other 90-minute film stuck on the end of it)

BATMAN: Who’s laughing now, Jokies?

JOKER: (not laughing) Solitary confinement is not as … AMUSING as you might think

BATMAN: Oh yeah? Are you in solitary?

JOKER: I only killed that kid in self-d

BATMAN: (not listening) in this great big building, you’re all alone? Nobody to play with except doctors and lawyers and some weird old—

JOKER: What are you talking about?

BATMAN: —at night you can hear the animals moving around in the—

JOKER: (eyes widening) What HAPPENED to you?

Streaming services have taught us to expect an episode break every 42 minutes

If they had actually used that jacket my ass would be in a seat right now