Batman's message to America

Sometimes these retcons sucks…

In the Superman All Star series by Grant Morrisson and Frank Quitelly, they sent the mini, micro, nano aliens to Mars and they lived happily ever after.

2 Likes

4 Likes

That really is the key to things. I am sure many of us who know people or read stories where a person is very homophobic or racist, but had their views turn a 180 or at least a 120 when a close family member came out or married someone of a different race.

Of course that doesn’t always end for the better, nor does it require something dramatic. Just working with or having normal interactions with someone who you perceive as different will usually result in one seeing they are mostly just like you. Not everyone is capable, but most people can be greatly affected by direct interaction.

As for the comic - by the art I’d say that was early or late 60s. Comics have long been used for PSA type things.

Comic did have a sort social awakening in the early to mid 70s, with many stories confronting issues at the time, like drugs, racism, plight of the poor, etc. Denny O’Neil, who has been a Batman Writer and Editor for 30 or 40 years now, wrote the Green Lantern/Green Arrow books that sort of spearheaded the movement with Neal Adams.

4 Likes

27 Likes

Oh, I quite agree. It might have been a fun ‘What if’, er, ‘Imaginary story’ Why do both DC and Marvel have dumb names for alt. reality tales? - but. Yeah.

3 Likes

Those Krytonians have some bad hombres. We should build a wall.

Although… General Zod for president doesn’t sound too bad.

12 Likes

Who is this “Rao,” and why are these people building a temple to him in MY NEIGHBORHOOD?

5 Likes

Even the Kryptonians once had problems with immigration. Their planets exploded. sad

5 Likes

Only a millionaire? A mansion like that in Griffith Park ((where the George Barris Batmobile was garaged) is worth at least tens of millions in todays dollars. But your point is still valid. $100M is chump changeThese days.

3 Likes

He never shown his taxes records. So, I think we will never know the size of Mr. Wayne´s fortune

1 Like

Several people I know are using this as their background image on their facebook profile. The text bubble fills up the top area nicely, and the app centers your avatar over his head (but the ears still show).

Once again, the zeitgeist stalks me.

3 Likes

I decided partway through…”

Sure he did. He just decided one day to unhook his little wagon from the freight train of the batman franchise allll by his psychopathic self.

6 Likes

At this point? I mean, who cares if we all end up wearing deep V-neck jump suits and get refitted with kryptonian DNA in an effort to make the ultimate warrior species?

It’s gotta be better than trumpf.

2 Likes

It takes diff’rent strokes to move the world.

Yes it does.

5 Likes

Sorry, Batman, America’s moved on a bit . . . only to come right back to the beginning. Let the trials commence!

10 Likes

General Jack O’Neil first, surely:

After all: ‘O’Neil before Zod’

(SorryNot sorry)

25 Likes

It’d be tricky to macgyver that.

8 Likes

At some point, (I am not sure when) DC upgraded Bruce Wayne from millionaire to billionaire.

9 Likes

He promises to wantonly murder earthlings who displease him without regard for nationality, race, religion, or color! Way better than Trump!

5 Likes

At least the taxpayers don’t have to shell out the dough for building the monuments.

11 Likes