Bay Area man arrested with spiked club, machetes, arrow gun, ammunition, Chucky mask, and other fun items in his car

Originally published at: Bay Area man arrested with spiked club, machetes, arrow gun, ammunition, Chucky mask, and other fun items in his car | Boing Boing

3 Likes

“Rest of that @# is a 2nd-amend wash, but ‘two pounds of unsealed marijuana’!?! book 'em Danno!” “Right chief. i’mean had it been ‘sealed’, but…” (does sex in robotaxis result in robocops?)

8 Likes

Shame he missed his interview for kindergarten teacher due to this interaction with law enforcement.

9 Likes

And here I thought that the Mall Ninja only lived on the internet…

4 Likes

Someone went hog wild buying from the Bud K catalog.

3 Likes

While clearly nefarious, how much of that stuff is actually illegal? I know that weed and guns together are a no-no in California, but I only see ammo. I’m pretty sure it’s fine to have a machete in your car.

4 Likes

I feel like there’s a story here we’re never going to learn, unless there were any recent robberies by someone in a Chucky mask.

The cops always like to imply some sort of criminal narrative by presenting various “suspicious” items out-of-context, even when all of them are perfectly legal. In this case, seems like a few weren’t, but I’m suddenly imagining a scenario…
“Boy, all these items going to the smash room, gun range, locksmith, medical marijuana business and costume party sure seem suspicious together!”
“Ha ha, yeah! I hope I don’t get pulled over by the cops!”
“Ha ha ha! That would be bad!”
[gets pulled over by the cops] "Ohhh shiiiiit…

6 Likes

Obviously, this guy is a criminal mastermind.

3 Likes

That’s a good question. I actually don’t see anything overly illegal, but my knowledge of CA specific laws is limited. I know you can’t CONCEAL large knives. He was on probation, so perhaps that makes some thing illegal. Certainly the ammo is illegal if hes a felon. They may have some other law where otherwise legal knives are illegal if you’re caught with drugs or in conjunction with criminal paraphernalia like a ski mask. :confused:

3 Likes

I would expect them to ding him for possession of burglary tools with the lock picks.

3 Likes

Arrow gun? Lock picks? They arrested my 5th level rogue!

4 Likes

“Shoot, a fella’ could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.”

2 Likes

LARP no evil, felch no evil, PA no evil.

1 Like

I knew a ton of guys in high school who drove around with trunks looking like this. I was just going to add that they were not criminals, but thinking back…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.