BBC filmmaker transforms himself into boxed lunch for a polar bear

com-add-text

9 Likes

Booping is easy. Booping twice

12 Likes

welp, the stock of whoever makes those boxes just went way the fuck up. you can’t buy that type of advertising.

7 Likes
11 Likes

I stand by this statement.

7 Likes

com-add-text%20(1)

5 Likes

That is the most hand-made box I’ve seen in a while.

10 Likes

Boeing is selling them on Etsy.

(no, not really)

5 Likes

FWIW, polar bears hunt seals by hanging around seal breathing holes. The breathing holes are just big enough for the seals to poke their snouts through. If the bear is lucky, it grabs the seal snout and pulls the seal through the hole. This typically has the side effect of crushing the seals skeleton.

So, maybe booping the bears nose is not a great idea. If you’re lucky, just your fingers would get pulled out of your hand.

14 Likes

I can understand the temptation, and frankly it’s the kind of dumbass thing I could see myself doing. It would definitely be a pinky-finger-from-nondominant-hand boop, though.

5 Likes

I am totally not leaving my cat friend the fuck alone right now!

4 Likes

If it couldn’t decide whether it wanted to be aggressive or walk away, it would be a bipolar bear.

14 Likes

13 Likes

Wouldnt you bring a large calibre gun to that situation as a backup?

2 Likes

Nah. The standard emergency manoeuvre in case of bear trouble is to grasp them firmly by the scruff of their neck, lift them off the ground and hold them at arm’s length until they calm down.
Disclaimer: you might need a stepladder for the larger ones.

13 Likes

I assume at least one of the other camerafolk was standing by in case things got less telegenic

2 Likes

BRIAN BLESSED: KING OF THE MONSTERS!!! ROOOOOAAAARRRRR!!!

4 Likes

THIS. One hundred thousand times THIS. Shark cages, those fake seals they bob to get sharks to “breach.” It’s all bullshit gimmicks to get some footage and it uses up the predators’ energy so we can say “nopity nope hurr durrr” on the Internet. Fuck this.

4 Likes
6 Likes

fd8fa7e60ce635bf09b085b367146553--misunderstood-shark-don-t-worry

14 Likes